Craigslist Ts

Catch Smiley

Arachnosquire
I've gotten some pretty good deals by getting Ts on Craigslist. Last summer I got an adult GBB and Mexican Redleg from this guy for $100 for the pair, both very beautiful and good Ts. This past weekend I picked up an adult rosie with hide, water dish, substrate, and large Critter Keeper all for $15! I've never had much interest in a rosie, but for that deal I couldn't say no!
I'm just curious if anyone else checks craigslist for Ts.

DB42 1.jpg JE15 5.JPG IB80 7.JPG

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
I only ever think to check it when one if these threads comes up and each time the only things I find are basically ads for shady reptile shops.

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
Nice T's! Those are some great deals! I have been wanting a GBB but am limited to 10 T's right now lol

Buggidy

Arachnopeon
I think it depends where you are... Some places, you can find great Ts for cheap. Around where I am, the best you can find is a G. rosea priced at around $100 with the seller claiming "ultra-rare!" or a few random species and the seller doesn't give you even the common name. I've definitely heard some stories about people getting good deals though, seems like you found one!

Catch Smiley

Arachnosquire
I look in the St Louis area, I rarely see anything interesting, most of the time it's people trying to sell rosies for about $50, sometimes I don't check for awhile, then see something really cool that was posted weeks ago and is long gone. I feel it's worth checking out anytime I'm at the computer with a few min to spare :)

Keith B

Arachnobaron
Yeah, around here it's people claiming they just want a good home for a T they can't keep anymore with no prices, then start talking about "rehoming fees" when you correspond.. I'm willing to drive 30 minutes to you, basically to rescue the T, cause you're advertising a rosie in a 12x12x18 zoomed tall cage on terrarium turf with a reptile humidifier...and you want to charge a "rehoming fee".. lol right...

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There's a rosie for sale on my local craigslist for $45 but it also comes with a dubia roach colony, so it'd be worth it if I didn't already have a colony. I may buy her as I just sold my MM OBT for the same price.

CrystalRose

Arachnopeon
I've found one good deal on Craigslist so far. My B. emilia female with enclosure etc for 50 dollars.

The rest I've seen have been way over priced. Like right now there is a guy selling a confirmed male "pink toe" with enclosure etc for 100.00 lol. I've had some better luck on some of the local Facebook classifieds. I got my G. rosea with enclosure etc for 10.00 and my B. albopilosum with enclosure for 15.00

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It's not just me that thinks the "Mexican red leg" looks a little off, right? I don't think B.Emilia has that muck black on its carapace. Aren't they supposed to just have the triangle? Maybe I'm just going crazy.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's not just me that thinks the "Mexican red leg" looks a little off, right? I don't think B.Emilia has that muck black on its carapace. Aren't they supposed to just have the triangle? Maybe I'm just going crazy.
I was thinking the same I own a juvenile b Emilia and it looks totally different the 1 pictured above looks to me like a b smithi juvenile

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I was thinking the same I own a juvenile b Emilia and it looks totally different the 1 pictured above looks to me like a b smithi juvenile
But B.Smithi doesn't have red down its legs too. So it couldn't be that. And experts want to chime in? I'm probably wrong though.

I was just checking images on Google, and almost all of the B. Emelia don't have red knee caps. those that did were just misidentified B. Boehmei

Last edited:

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've found one good deal on Craigslist so far. My B. emilia female with enclosure etc for 50 dollars.

The rest I've seen have been way over priced. Like right now there is a guy selling a confirmed male "pink toe" with enclosure etc for 100.00 lol. I've had some better luck on some of the local Facebook classifieds. I got my G. rosea with enclosure etc for 10.00 and my B. albopilosum with enclosure for 15.00
Wow! She is very pretty. Looks like a Brachypelma emilia to me. :biggrin:

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
But B.Smithi doesn't have red down its legs too. So it couldn't be that. And experts want to chime in? I'm probably wrong though.

I was just checking images on Google, and almost all of the B. Emelia don't have red knee caps. those that did were just misidentified B. Boehmei
Maybe B.baumgarteni???

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think this 1 is gonna drive me crazy all I can say is your right about the b Emilia carapace having a black triangle plus the orange/red looks too far up the leg for b Emilia. But I could be wrong the only brachys ive ever owned are Emilia and albopilosum

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I went to go have a browse on CL and found a Mature male l.parahybana for $200. *shakes head*

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think this 1 is gonna drive me crazy all I can say is your right about the b Emilia carapace having a black triangle plus the orange/red looks too far up the leg for b Emilia. But I could be wrong the only brachys ive ever owned are Emilia and albopilosum
Brachypelma emilia has black patellas just like the picture above. :biggrin:

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

This is definitely a b Emilia but the 1 in the op isnt