2 (Pterinochilus murinus) photos and an A. Gen photo

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I haven't seen him/her for a long time because they locked themselves up in their hide for the last 5-6 months.

I was finally able to get two good shots from a distance lol, for all you newbies getting bit by one of these is the equalivant to getting bit by a ball of Florida fire/army ants....Well that's what I read from the bite reports in so many words lol....I refuse to find out first hand, finger or arm lol.

below the OBT photos is my Giant

White Knee*(Acanthoscurria geniculata)

hoping for a molt in the near weeks

Enjoy the photos!

Notice if you will how far away I took this lol, its too late at night and too many people in my house for me to be worrying about looking for a 2"+ ORANGE BLURRY THINGY lol....

This one a little closer with the zoom and hopefully again I'll have a molt with this one in the near weeks, it has a good size rump!

josh090

Arachnopeon
I'm fairly new to this, and I don't want to seem like I'm bashing any part of your set up or anything, but I question the water dish, would that be alright or reason to cause worry? I'm still not 100% sure what kind of size or depth I'm going to use for a water dish.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I'm fairly new to this, and I don't want to seem like I'm bashing any part of your set up or anything, but I question the water dish, would that be alright or reason to cause worry? I'm still not 100% sure what kind of size or depth I'm going to use for a water dish.
its a good size yes but Ts this size can climb up walls as you can see and stay there with no problem so it's very unlikely that it'll fall in and/or die from falling in...Once Ts reach a certain size death by water is very rare I'd say.

plus if you give a T this size a small water dish with no weight to it, it might tip it over and OBTs love the substrate VERY dry.

Even if he doesn't drink it he can get water from the crickets and the big water dish helps with humidity for molting

Bipolar Spider

Arachnopeon
None of that changes the fact that it's too high, she's got to either sit in her water while she drinks or hover over it. You're actually encouraging tipping. Doesnt matter if she doesn't drown or hurt herself falling, it's the unnecessary inconvenience.

Not a big deal I guess and they do look nice and healthy

Last edited:

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
None of that changes the fact that it's too high, she's got to either sit in her water while she drinks or hover over it. You're actually encouraging tipping. Doesnt matter if she doesn't drown or hurt herself falling, it's the unnecessary inconvenience.

Not a big deal I guess and they do look nice and healthy
This isn't a big deal at all, and she isn't big enough to tip this over because it has never happened.

and I've been using that for a while so the bowl is just fine.

If you want to use a smaller one for YOUR Ts the same size then by all means do.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This isn't a big deal at all, and she isn't big enough to tip this over because it has never happened.

and I've been using that for a while so the bowl is just fine.

If you want to use a smaller one for YOUR Ts the same size then by all means do.
Just because it never happened doesn't mean it won't. Just give the spider a smaller dish for gods sake.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Just because it never happened doesn't mean it won't. Just give the spider a smaller dish for gods sake.
don't need one thanks!

Stop being a follower.

I put this picture up so people can admire the OBT not worry about the water dish, I've had Ts for many years and none have been injured from anything waterbowl related.

And this T has had that bowl for many months, nothing IS broke so NOTHING needs fixing.

I don't do everything the SAME exact way everyone on here does and my Ts still thrive just fine so if you want to do everything to the T (lmao) the way people do on here you go right ahead.

Last edited: