My heterometrus longimanus not eating

kipper45

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I recently got a Asian forest scorpion, I've had it for a week at it has not eaten yet. The tanks daytime temp is around 20-23 degrees centigrade.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks, kipper45

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Just an observation. The temperature average in Asia is ~25C at night, ~40C during the day right now. Maybe your critter is waiting for the spring thaw?

Rexx

Arachnopeon
My asian forest scorpion (which I though was an emp at first) had the same behavior when I first got him, he wasnt eating all he would to is drink . He basically ate when he wanted to . He was always active though . I keep the temp at 80-90f. And the humidity between 70-80 , sometimes the humidity drops just a little because how hot I try to keep it in there . Btw , is yours an adult ?

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
That is normal behavior. It is like it moved into a new house and still doesn't feel "at home" yet. Just feed once or twice a week and it will eat if it wants to. All you have to do is house it correctly.

Newports

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Try raising the temperature a little bit if you can but make sure you compensate the extra heat with a little more moisture as well.

You just got him and it's only been a week. Give it some time, if he still looks plump he should be fine.

By the way do you know the age? Possibly might even be time for a molt.