Cellar spider? is it a spider?

StAugBob

Arachnopeon
Found it on my bedroom wall. Sorry for the lousy pictures I need a better camera. Is this even a spider? If there is enough image to tell. spider042314a.JPG spider042314b.JPG

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It looks very much like a Scytodes to me. A spitting spider. I could be wrong though

jecraque

Arachnobaron
Seconded--Scytodes. Those weird heads house silk glands, which is super cool. I don't get them near me--lucky you!

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I find these pretty regularly. They are quite fragile looking so I never mess with them unless they are in harms way. I'm not far from Florida so I would think they are pretty common there as well

StAugBob

Arachnopeon
It looks very fragile. should I let it go anywhere special? In the house (garage preferred) Should I try to feed it? Can they be kept? Good call . . .just watched a video of spiting spider taking out a cellar spider. It won't shoot me in the eye if I get to close looking will it? XD

Wildenthusiast

Arachnosquire
It looks very fragile. should I let it go anywhere special? In the house (garage preferred) Should I try to feed it? Can they be kept? Good call . . .just watched a video of spiting spider taking out a cellar spider. It won't shoot me in the eye if I get to close looking will it? XD
I have kept them before. Fed approximately sized prey, they do well. Astonishing to watch them take down prey.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
They are very easy to keep, and with proper care, their lifespan can exceed 4 years (from hatching). Their habit of moveing slowly makes them good macro photography subjects.

sexing them can be tricky without getting a close look, as their palps dont get all swollen like most true spiders.