Concerning smithi Behaviour

Whirligig

Arachnopeon
So today I noticed something rather strange happen to my 5 inch adult female B. smithi. She was sitting on top of her half log hide contentedly, when suddenly she tipped and fell on her side (only about a two inch fall) and remained on her side for several seconds. I walked over to take a second look and she righted herself, threat postured, and then retreated to her hide, where she is now sitting comfortably. My question . . . what the heck? Should I be worried or did she just have an odd clumsy moment? If she was injured or sick, when will she start showing other signs and what should I be looking for?

Buggidy

Arachnopeon
Sounds like she was being clumsy to me, and was so embarrassed that she ran back to her hide in shame! I wouldn't worry, my terrestrials are pretty clumsy too. BUT if it is the beginning of something more serious, I would be looking for sporadic movement in the legs, almost like she has lost control of them. Running into things, incapable of eating even if she might want to, etc.... That would probably be the worst case scenario though. Keep us updated!

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A 5 inch T falling a couple of inches shouldn't sustain any meaningful injury IME (unless you're using broken glass as substrate lol).
If you're really worried and wish to put your mind at ease, then you should be looking to see if any clearish fluid is leaking from anywhere on the T but again, from your description I'd be surprised if this were the case.

Good luck.