Getting back on AB and a question

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi everyone

It's been quite some time since I last posted here.
Great to see some familiar names, and a ton of new ones which tells me that our hobby is continuing to grow!

So, I guess I'll ask a question:

"What keeps you in this hobby?"

~Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I Just love spiders/T's and probably always will,,, welcome back to AB :)

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Welcome back ae! Same reason as Mark really, also i now have something to look forward to when I retire =D

Out of curiosity, what made you decide to come back to the boards after all this time?

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
Ive never met you before so hello! I collect because I like having something to look foward to and I like being able to admire my collection. I also enjoy being on the boards and going to reptile shows etc. It gives me something fun to do that doesn't get boring very easily. Plus T collecting is alot more entertaining than stamp collecting or something along those lines.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
a) the animals themself since there are so many variations

b) learning new people with the same hobby

c) simply because I'm odd! There - I said it! :D

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
c) simply because I'm odd! There - I said it! :D
1+ and we are all a bit odd (i must add lol) but we love the hobby and for most of us has become a lifestyle of caring for our 8 legged friends :)

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Hi everyone

It's been quite some time since I last posted here.
Great to see some familiar names, and a ton of new ones which tells me that our hobby is continuing to grow!

So, I guess I'll ask a question:

"What keeps you in this hobby?"

~Tim

I don't have much time to do what I usually would do because I have kids so majority of my time is spent with family so my "me" time are my tarantulas hopefully in the future I'll get a jungle carpet python

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I don't have much time to do what I usually would do because I have kids so majority of my time is spent with family so my "me" time are my tarantulas hopefully in the future I'll get a jungle carpet python
+1 Also a brilliant thing about T's, they don't require any attention except (maintenance/food/water) the rest of the time they do what they want.

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very cool!
I've still been collecting and breeding, just with more of a local influence. I've monitored (read: stalked) the site over the last few years, but just decided to try to get more involved on a larger scale. Interacting with others with the same passion is quite rewarding!

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
+1 Also a brilliant thing about T's, they don't require any attention except (maintenance/food/water) the rest of the time they do what they want.
exactly MARK, even when I'm home spending time with my kids I can run over to my Ts check em out and go back to kids without missing a beat. no walking, no vet bills etc lol

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
exactly MARK, even when I'm home spending time with my kids I can run over to my Ts check em out and go back to kids without missing a beat. no walking, no vet bills etc lol

100% agree, they require small amounts of time in a weeks and that's another reason to have them as pet's, plus as you said no vet bills lol :)

Wildenthusiast

Arachnosquire
The diversity, anatomy, body mechanics, fascinating behaviors... so many reasons its difficult to list them all. I also theorize that these silent stalkers possess hypnotic powers, and use them to persuade their keepers to buy more and more and more.. to the point that all our thoughts and time is spent thinking about and caring for arachnids.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Welcome back:)

I i am here because i love these critters. I love working with them, breeding them and raising them. I am very behavior oriented, love to see how they react to certain stimuli etc etc.

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All great reasons with a common theme!

This is why I'm back!

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
100% agree, they require small amounts of time in a weeks and that's another reason to have them as pet's, plus as you said no vet bills lol :)
Very low maintenance pets indeed, I'm a very forgetful person so Ts are perfect for me :sarcasm: