New Swift Ts

Kat Graves

Arachnopeon
Just got my new Ts from Swifts. This brings my total up to 8 in 45 days. LOL. All of them are happy and healthy and it's exciting to watch them because they are all so different. I'm pretty sure I'm obsessed.
Here are a couple:

B. Smithi .5"
IMG_20140423_174150.jpg

P. Parvula .5" She is my favorite by far!
P.parvula4172012.jpg

E. Pulcherrimaklaasi
"Blue"41612.jpg

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It'll be a while before that Euathlus shows colors. Good catch, though! Enjoy!

Kat Graves

Arachnopeon
Thanks! I'm not so worried about their colors right now, I just love watching them. The Euathlus, "Blue", will grab 2 crickets at a time (one on each fang) then wait until they are dead, wrap them up, and go find the third one to kill before it starts eating. My Parvula likes to wrestle around with hers. I thought I maybe gave her a cricket that was too large, so I gave a tiny one next time and she did the same thing. :)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think my girl hasn't eaten in...half a year now nearly *shrugs*. I don't care as long as she's otherwise alright.

Kat Graves

Arachnopeon
I tell myself they know what they are doing, and then worry anyways. All mine are doing good though so as long as that is the way it stays I will be happy.

netr

Arachnoknight
What a handsome sling the parvula makes, colour-wise. I'm so used to most of them being the usual uniform browns or greys. Lovely stuff!

Kat Graves

Arachnopeon
They are beautiful slings, great colors and those cowlicks on their butt are super-cute. (insert "girly comment" eye roll here) I have the Parvula and a Scrofa as well. Every time I open their enclosure they want to come out and roam around.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They are beautiful slings, great colors and those cowlicks on their butt are super-cute. (insert "girly comment" eye roll here) I have the Parvula and a Scrofa as well. Every time I open their enclosure they want to come out and roam around.
I've long suspected that there are certain species that are possibly "nomadic" to some extent in their natural habitat. I'd love a paper on them really, but can't find anything. If they aren't, there's only once conclusion: They're simply curious and like exploring.

Kat Graves

Arachnopeon
That's a very good point. I have burrows/hides in both of their enclosures and I have NEVER seen them used. They are the only ones who don't. Even my Euathlus juvie has used its hide.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That's a very good point. I have burrows/hides in both of their enclosures and I have NEVER seen them used. They are the only ones who don't. Even my Euathlus juvie has used its hide.
That's not the reason I said that, though. There's lots of tarantula species that don't behave in captivity as they would in their natural habitat. So I could be off on that note, too. But, the fact that those particular species always come out of their enclosure as soon as the lid is opened and the fact that they -keep- wandering around once out (no matter if MM or AF) was the reason I said that :D

Kat Graves

Arachnopeon
But, the fact that those particular species always come out of their enclosure as soon as the lid is opened and the fact that they -keep- wandering around once out (no matter if MM or AF)
That was the part I was saying was a good point. I was just adding to it by saying that not only do they always come out to wander, but they are always wandering around their enclosure instead of trying to find a place to hide. :)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That was the part I was saying was a good point. I was just adding to it by saying that not only do they always come out to wander, but they are always wandering around their enclosure instead of trying to find a place to hide. :)
Gotcha. Misunderstood you there then. Although mine are hardly wandering around in their enclosures. It's actually what's makes their behavior so interesting and you antro-wordtoohardformetospellitsry - or can't help to - thinking it's rather cute actually. It's as if they go like "YAY! Exploring time! Here we go..." :D

Kat Graves

Arachnopeon
LOL. They are an awesome species and I plan on getting every one I can.

---------- Post added 04-24-2014 at 01:05 PM ----------

Do you have pics of yours?

Kat Graves

Arachnopeon
Here is my .25" P. Scrofa. Just a tiny little thing.
ParaphysaScrpfa2.jpg

B. Smithi .5" roaming around
B.Smithi2.jpg

My P. Parvula setup.
ParaphysaParvula1.jpg

E. Pulcherramiklaasi enclosure. He loves that rock.
EuathlusPulcheramaklaasi1.jpg

Medusa

Arachnoknight
Very nice! I got a tiny, fuzzy blue A. versicolor and nicely-colored Euathlus Truculentus as 1/2" slings yesterday from Jamie. This brings my current collection to 17 but don't tell my husband. I either need a better camera or more practice. Love to see everyone's photos.

I have a couple more T's on my "wish list" but need to save some $$ first...the two slings plus shipping will hit me for over $200.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kat Graves

Arachnopeon
Yep. I spent about 200 last night. I already told my husband, but I had to promise that I wouldn't buy any more for a "little while". I got 2 G. Pulchra and 1 Oligoxystre diamantinensis from Jamie and 3 B. Smithi from Citizen number9, these will bring my total up to 13. All have been acquired in 45 days. :)

Plus, there is a reptile expo this Saturday, sooooo. He didn't give any guidelines for what a "little while" meant. I think 48 hours is good enough.

---------- Post added 05-01-2014 at 04:23 PM ----------

Very nice! I got a tiny, fuzzy blue A. versicolor and nicely-colored Euathlus Truculentus as 1/2" slings yesterday from Jamie. This brings my current collection to 17 but don't tell my husband. I either need a better camera or more practice. Love to see everyone's photos.

I have a couple more T's on my "wish list" but need to save some $$ first...the two slings plus shipping will hit me for over $200.

Good for you!

E. Truculentus has been on my list from the start. I WILL have one eventually. That, and Grammostola Iheringi.

friendttyy

Arachnolord

200$ is a hell load for me. 300+ months of payments from youtube.

cold blood

Staff member
I got a tiny, fuzzy blue A. versicolor and nicely-colored Euathlus Truculentus as 1/2" slings yesterday from Jamie....the two slings plus shipping will hit me for over $200.

Curious, according to their site that's $78 shipped.

Beauty t's though, eh.

trailblazin02

Arachnopeon
I've been on a T shopping spree last few weeks to. I got a gbb. Versi. N. Chromatus. A geniculata from jamies. Trading for some.p. ornata that should be here Monday. And picking up 6 more this weekend from michael jacobis spider shoppe. I am done buying Ts for quite a while