Lasiodora parahybana breeding

Adam20202

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, well I'm thinking of breeding my lp. (First time breeding any species) I've got a female arriving in the next few days. I'm in the uk too. And was just wondering how difficult it would be to get rid of the babies ie: sell/give em away... If there pretty high demand if you get me. Cos I know there quite a common t and difficult not to purchase, Or is there a strong possibility that I'm gunna be stuck with 1000+ baby lp's cos I know they have a lot.. I know this question can't exactly be answered 100% but just ideas... Or opinions I'm after really... As I don't wanna be stuck with a load of em. And don't wanna spend more money breeding em and not get anything back or be outta pocket through buying tubs, food, etc... So a few ideas and opinions are really all I'm asking.. My collection isn't that big either only have 5 t's at minute, not sure if that's really relevant, but just giving u an idea of my experience with them... Thanks guys.. :)

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you get desperate you can let then cannibilize eachother to bring down the numbers. I'd gladly take a couple but I live in Ireland.

Or, you can pick a hundred or so, raise them up until you can sex them. Then you can sell the females for more and sell the males for breeding.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Obviously not in high demand, because it only takes a few LP sacs to saturate the market. You need to make some inquires to dealers to see if there's any hope of finding homes from them all. Maybe you can sell them for $1 or less, or give them away. Then again, even that may not work. If you want to breed something, you're really better off with a different species.

Adam20202

Arachnopeon
I don't think I'd have the heart to let em do that haha..... And hmmm shame that really I don't really know anybody either. :S

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't think I'd have the heart to let em do that haha..... And hmmm shame that really I don't really know anybody either. :S
Well good thing we established all the slings can't be homed before they were even created before you already had them.

Adam20202

Arachnopeon
Yeah that's what I was thinking poec54 I think it maybe a bad idea really? I just wanted to try my hand at breeding and get a little cash.. and heard these are pretty easy to breed.... But couldn't really do another 1 not with what I've got anyways... Got a female white knee but she's to small at the minute, a very old mm brachypelma a b.smithi sling and a gbb sling... And yeah I could have a word with a couple of local pet shops... And yeah I'd be letting em for like £1 or 50p even cheaper if bought in big bulks...

---------- Post added 04-25-2014 at 02:20 AM ----------

Yeah I guess so tcks123 but if worst come to worst I'd raise them myself... But really wouldn't want too and it would be a tight budget haha.... I was real hyped up to this but now I'm kinda BAD IDEA..... :(

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
[/COLOR]Yeah I guess so tcks123 but if worst come to worst I'd raise them myself... But really wouldn't want too and it would be a tight budget haha.... I was real hyped up to this but now I'm kinda BAD IDEA..... :(
If you have your heart set on breeding, try a rarer or "more in demand" species, or a species that doesn't produce a lot of slings.

Adam20202

Arachnopeon
Yeah think u could be right, waste of time buying this big female now ha :/ although I always wanted a female lp.... I'll check around a few shops first though... I'd let the lot go for like if it had 1000+ or more survive for like £400-£500..

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Before breeding anything you should consider setting up a feeder roach colony to feed the slings when they come ;)

Buying pinheads every 3-4 days could break you and drain any profit you may hope to gain :(

Adam20202

Arachnopeon
Yeah I've been looking at some them on eBay to honest skippydude... Only like £20 as well..

---------- Post added 04-25-2014 at 02:44 AM ----------

Now I'm actually talking about it realistically, and not just thinking oh I wanna breed these :S this seems like a pretty idea haha.... Unless I could sell the lot in one go... Or in big bulks quickly!! :mad:

Adam20202

Arachnopeon
Yeah I guess so not got room for many though really.... And I want a t.stirmi as well.... And my others are only small.. Ha I always rush into things without thinking them through properly :O

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah I guess so not got room for many though really.... And I want a t.stirmi as well.... And my others are only small.. Ha I always rush into things without thinking them through properly :O
Well if you've hardly any room now, just think when all those other small t's you have grow, they will take up even more space.

Adam20202

Arachnopeon
Yeah this is very true I think my question has actually been answered 100% and it's a no go!!... Unless I could sell them in a few goes.. Which I seriously doubt! Wish they just had like 200 and I'd be sweet......

JZC

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah this is very true I think my question has actually been answered 100% and it's a no go!!... Unless I could sell them in a few goes.. Which I seriously doubt! Wish they just had like 200 and I'd be sweet......
I view it as letting them cannibalize ensures that the fittest slings remain, so in essence you're weeding out the weaker offspring and selling a more manageable quantity that was stronger than their other siblings. That's how it goes in the wild.

Adam20202

Arachnopeon
Hmmm interesting really.... So how long would u say to keep them in the same incubator then until I know that that's done... If I knew they'd survive I'd just let them free out in open haha...