Leg Tapping B. Smithi?

Rion

Arachnopeon
Hey hey people.

Lately my little b. smithi has seemed a little strange. S/he has been acting mostly normal save for some odd little leg tapping it has been doing. I never gave it much mind because of how infrequently it does it, until now. Today I noticed it'd been kinda sitting on the side of its enclosure and ended up falling off onto its back. It got back up rather quickly on its own, and doesn't appear to be injured but I'm a little worried about it. I don't know whether its little fall has anything to do with the leg tapping, or if the tapping is anything to worry about at all. Maybe it is just losing its grip because it's coming close to premolt?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Rion

Arachnopeon
Well, it's definitely not mature. It is only about the size of a quarter.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Oh, so it's still a small naked baby then? It's probably reacting to vibrations, perhaps it mistook them for a sibling, and it's signaling back.

Many tarantulas will disperse as a group, especially aphonopelma and brachypelma, so perhaps it's looking for its brothers and sisters? They spend quite a long while in the burrow with mom before dispersal, and many slings sold are at an age where in the wild, they'd still be with mommy.

(disclaimer- there's a 60% chance i could be full of bolus)

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
Noticed that some Ts do a little leg tapping when they're feeling something from under the substrate like an escaped prey item.