new tank build

Billy 5ek

Arachnopeon
Hello

I started building a new tank and I just wanted to share.A friend gave me his old tank and I decided to make my juvie A.versi a new permanent enclosure. Build is still in progress. I am not sure how the lower part will look like yet,I have a few ideas,nothing breathtaking tho,so I'll just keep on brainstorming xD. Background is made of styrofoam and foam. I took a few pics of what I made so far;

20140501_132844.jpg 20140501_133327.jpg

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looking good like how you got the skull made into the back ground post some pics when versi moves in :)

Billy 5ek

Arachnopeon
Is that coco fiber?
It is Exo terras brick moss and brick plantation soil mix

---------- Post added 05-01-2014 at 05:29 PM ----------

Looking good like how you got the skull made into the back ground post some pics when versi moves in :)
Skull was foamed in,its actually a plastic ashtray. I took some pics while i was building it,I'll post them later =).

Billy 5ek

Arachnopeon
Thanks,I am glad to see others like it too. I made a cave for KK aswell,for the giggles :biggrin:

20140430_221043 (1).jpg

Vinegaroonie

Arachnoknight
Exactly how do you "foam in" something. Id like to learn how to make decorations like that it looks awesome!

Ocho

Arachnopeon
Yeah. I'd love to hear a little more about your technique as well. Amazing work, man. Really digging the cave... Has to be the nicest looking KK for T's on the planet :clap:

Billy 5ek

Arachnopeon
Exactly how do you "foam in" something. Id like to learn how to make decorations like that it looks awesome!
Heya,build itself is pretty easy but it makes one hell of a mess =)

I made a background from styrofoam and positioned the pieces how i wanted them;

20140430_175622.jpg

After positioning is done,apply the foam;

20140430_191738.jpg

I hope this helps =)

Billy 5ek

Arachnopeon
Yeah. I'd love to hear a little more about your technique as well. Amazing work, man. Really digging the cave... Has to be the nicest looking KK for T's on the planet :clap:
Thanks,it turned out better then I expected xD

I have put the cardboard on sides of the KK and glued it up a bit. So basically,when cardboard is taken out,you get a KK shaped cardboard.
After that,apply the foam,wait until it dries,rip down the cardboard and start cutting of the excess untill desired shape of the cave.

20140430_192730.jpg

There is probably an easier way to do it,just make a pile from foam and trim it until you get the desired shape.

Ocho

Arachnopeon
Very cool technique! I would think that would give a more polished result than just trimming with trial and error.... I hope to give it a shot soon! Thanks for posting the extra pics too. Helps a lot :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's the best looking KK I've seen.

So you put cardboard inside KK and foamed within the KK??

Billy 5ek

Arachnopeon
That's the best looking KK I've seen.

So you put cardboard inside KK and foamed within the KK??
Thanks,I'm glad you like it. I foamed it outside,the cardboard was firmly hot glued. I wouldn't risk foaming inside,if the foam touches the KK wall,I doubt that thing will come off easy, if at all. I wouldnt risk it.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks,I'm glad you like it. I foamed it outside,the cardboard was firmly hot glued. I wouldn't risk foaming inside,if the foam touches the KK wall,I doubt that thing will come off easy, if at all. I wouldnt risk it.
Exactly, it would. Sometimes people use garbage bags to line the tanks. How did you gets yours to be brown?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Very nice set ups! Seem like they would be pretty easy to make too!

iamthegame06

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
looks really nice! i really want to start building my own, but i dont have time for it with school and everything..hopefully i can make one during summer :D

Billy 5ek

Arachnopeon
Heya

I finally got some plexiglass and I managed to finish front doors. I hope the ventilation is sufficient.
I still need to finish the lock on it. Here is it;

20140508_212229.jpg

And with the extra plexiglass,I modified my Exoterras terrarium cover. I removed the mesh and installed plexiglass. No spider shall ever get stuck in this terrarium ever again xD

20140508_154812.jpg