How should I do this?

Arthropoddi

Arachnopeon
I have a free, empty 5.5 gallon I want to spark up.

What I'm thinking is I want to grow a light colored grass, specifically cat grass, and some basic flowers like daisies, aaand..something else I haven't decided on yet.

Inside I'm also going to put this super small birdhouse that's set up like a cottage; with a pond, ducks, a miniature mailbox and everything :cute:

I was wondering what insect/arthropod would be good for this kind of thing, to give it some life.

I know that eco earth/coco fibre is better substrate for a lot of insects, but is there anything that would do alright with this set up? Or do you have any suggestions on how to mix the two someway? Maybe I could grow the grass only around where the house will sit and have everything else where the coco fibre is be like a dark forest around the house..I know I'm kinda lame, lol :laugh: but it's something I want to try for some of by bugs :love:

Also keep in mind that to grow the grass and flowers, I'll be using a full spectrum CFL. It doesn't give off any heat, and as far as I know it doesn't give off any UVB/UVA, so would it still be okay to keep anything with that?

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have grown grass and crickets together in a 10 gal aquarium before. No decorations, I just did it to have a fresh supply of feeders. I used peat and ryegrass and it worked pretty good. I would recommend a shorter grass or cut it regularly though