P. regalis sling enclosure advice request

Talon1992

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I am thinking about picking up a p. regalis sling and i wanted to make sure this enclosure was sufficient. I would appreciate any advice on what to modify in this enclosure if necessary. i picked up this the holes you see span the entire circumference of the container, the lid has holes as well. it has a shallow bottle cap as a water dish. the substrate is eco earth. the wood was found locally and was baked for well over and hour at 375. there is a little bit of beaked moss in there as well. I have some springtails to introduce. Are there any glaring flaws? I would like to fix any potential mistakes so my spider is as comfortable as possible. thank you for any input. sling enclosure.jpg

delo

Arachnopeon
hard to tell from the picture but they enjoy hollow logs that are buried a few inches in the soil...especially as slings. I've had my girl since she was a 1/4inch and she's now 13yrs old, for the first year ish i almost thought she was confused and lived in a burrow....lol just something to consider.

Talon1992

Arachnopeon
hard to tell from the picture but they enjoy hollow logs that are buried a few inches in the soil...especially as slings. I've had my girl since she was a 1/4inch and she's now 13yrs old, for the first year ish i almost thought she was confused and lived in a burrow....lol just something to consider.
you know thats not a bad idea, i love to give my t's options. I just have to track one of those logs down!

delo

Arachnopeon
That's hard to find so i take 2 half moon shaped logs and glue them together or break pieces and glue them to form a hollow log.