P. Metallica sling rehousing (critiques and advice welcome)

Talon1992

Arachnopeon
I noticed recently that a fairly sizable amount of mold had developed on the wood in my slings enclosure. ive read some places that mold is harmless. I have also read the opposite. So just to be on the safe side i switched it up. i got a new container of the same design as the old enclosure, i just made the holes bigger to improve ventilation. i also got new substrate that i let dry out a little more before i put it in. now it is slightly moist compared to very damp like it was before. to help maintain humidity i added some small bits of beaked moss as well as a larger, but still shallow, water dish. i also used a large fake leaf instead of wood to help prevent further mold outbreaks. i pulled one end of the leaf out of one of the holes to help create some curves for my sling to hide in, but as of the past few days it has spent the entirety of its time nestled in one of the top edges of the enclosure. i also had spring-tails in the old enclosure but they didn't seem to be helping with the mold all that much. then again they might have prevented a total outbreak! you can see just how wet it was in the old enclosure. anyway, if i have made any glaring mistakes i would like to know, and i appreciate any commentary.
thanks IMG_20140426_180214561 (1).jpg sling enclosure part 2.jpg sling enclosure.jpg

AndrewBiddar

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the new enclosure will be fine def keep the tank moist but not drenched p Metallica are arboreal so maybe just a bit more substrate

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
p Metallica are arboreal so maybe just a bit more substrate
What does the fact that it's arboreal have to do with adding more substrate than what's already in there? The amount that's already in there looks fine to me. It's going to spend most of it's time on the side of the enclosure and the wood hide anyway.