P.regalis question

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I received a regalis as a freebee with my last order. To my knowledge there should be a lighter stripe on the underside of the abdomen. It's just a sling so maybe it shows up later. At approximately what size does this feature start to show?

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My slings were 1 and 2 inch when I got them and did not have it yet. They keep molting regularly and are 2 inches or son now with fat abdomens. No band on there stomachs. They are still a lighter color underneath. Wonder when they will look really black there. I figure that is when the band will start appearing.

Sharon

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I guess I'll have to wait for a molt or two. I guess I was kind of hoping it might be another kind of pokie sent as a mistake. Like a rufilata, formosa or even a metalica :D

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a dozen 3+ inch regalis that have the banding, but I cannot recall if the band was there before their last molts.
Good question.
P. regalis and P. fasciata look exactly the same, and that white band is the only difference between the two.
So perhaps.

Eric.
www.e-spiderworld.com

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
David Burns said:
I guess I'll have to wait for a molt or two. I guess I was kind of hoping it might be another kind of pokie sent as a mistake. Like a rufilata, formosa or even a metalica :D
Wouldn't that be somethin'...if not unlikely! ;)

It's pretty much been said already but none of my regalis had visible bands until around the 3" range or just slightly under. But the cool thing is, after then it just gets more and more prominent the bigger they get.

Anyone ever noticed what a great molt indicator that band is? Once you notice the band going dark grey and so on, it's just a matter of time before new colors.

Later,
Atrax