May sound like a dumb question...

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
But how exactly do you prep a tub (Deli cups, Iris, Sterlite or something from the Container Store) to be safe for a tarantula? At first I was thinking to was it out with water because soap I heard can be dangerous. But what's the proper way to do this? For future reference when I get some T's. Thanks!

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
I just wash them out with water and dry them with a clean paper towel. I have even forgotten to clean out a container before I put the T in and they don't seem to be any worse for it though I do not recommend this. Remember to add a good bit of ventilation and if you are starting out with slings make sure the holes are about half the size of the abdomen or less you don't want any escape attempts.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
The best soap is dish washing liquid. It is formulated to rinse off easily without leaving any residue. Hand/face soaps leave a LOT of residue. Laundry detergents are formulated to resist rinsing so they retain effect surfactant properties through the first rinse cycle.

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
I just fill the tub with water, a little dishwashing liquid and a few drops of vinegar. I just let it stand overnight then rinse it in the morning.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I just fill the tub with water, a little dishwashing liquid and a few drops of vinegar. I just let it stand overnight then rinse it in the morning.
Very! Never discount the cleaning and sterilizing abilities of citric or acetic acid. A good long soak knocks the bacteria count way down.