C. fasciatum breeding advice...& a couple pics

YZFR1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey all,
I have Tiger Rump here that just molted within the last couple of weeks. Definately a female :D ! I think she is mature, as far as I know, this species doesn't get too big. She is about 3-1/2 to 4.".....Anyways, I was thinking about looking for some males for her.
Any advice would be appreciated. This will be the first time I have tried to breed a Tarantula. She is really MEAN, and Ive heard that this is a pretty difficult too breed this species....but hey...if no one tried, we would keep catching them from the wild...right?...

She was pretty rugged when I got her from the pet store. She's looken pretty good after that molt. Her leg almost grew completely back!

Attachments

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey, well, first you need a male.. lol... then we're in business, hehe :D ;P .. IMO, it's not hard at all to breed this species.. it's said that the females always eat the male but i've bred mine like 4-5 times so far and i've even left the male in on a couple occasions and he didn't get eaten.. in my first attempt at breeding them, the female attempted to attack the male after he mated her but he managed to run like hell while i held her back with a stick.. after that she seemed to not mind him anymore.. now i have 2 male fasciatums (another one recently molted mature) and i'm going to attempt to breed him with her too.. the first male is spoken for but the second male will be up for grabs when i'm done breeding him.. let them enjoy life a little! :D

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
So long as she is a C. fasciatum and the male is a C. fasciatum it should not be too hard i say that cuz the are a few as yet unnamed Cyclosternum doing the rounds (over here anyway) that look very much like C.fas also if she's not to big the old ladys can be a bit nasty with Cyclosternum, also just cuz there not big still use a big tank if there settled in a bigish tank (iv used 12"x8"x8" for small Holothele incei and H.longipes) it makes it so much ez'er