New enclosure for B.Vagans sling

katluc

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody,
My B. Vagans sling is about 2cm. ( leg span ). It`s still in a deli container and seems happy for the time being but I feel that after its next molt, it will need a new enclosure. I wanted to move it before it molts and I set up a small faunarium ca. 15cm by 11cm by 8cm with about 6.5cm of substrate and a hide. The height from the substrate to the lid is maybe a bit high, 4.5cm. I know that the experienced of you will be able to tell me whether I`m risking an escape with the air slits in the lid. That would be terrible and I don`t dare rehouse it until I know for sure that it is an impossibility. I don`t know which tiny gaps Ts are likely to crawl through but the largest of the slits ( on top of the lid by the handle ) is about 4mm wide and the rest are about 3mm. I`d also like to ask whether the set up is correct. I used slightly moist coconut fibre and the hide is cork bark from the pet shop. Would it be better if I mixed the substrate with some eco earth or should it be alright as it is ? I`d like to post a picture but I only have a camera on my phone and can`t work out how to upload yet.

katluc

Arachnopeon
CAM00164.jpg
Here it is. It's the little faunarium on the right. The other is a new enclosure for my B.Smithi sling I'm getting.