B.Smithi sling enclosure

katluc

Arachnopeon
CAM00167.jpg

This is my new B.Smithi sling in its enclosure. It arrived today and we've called it Sherlock. The substrate is just coconut fibre. It's moist but hopefully not too wet. It's warm here, so I'll just let it dry naturally until it needs to be dampened down again. It looks as though it's due a molt. Hope you like it. Feel free to give any suggestions. I'm new to all this :)

skippydude

Arachnobaron
That dark spot is it's urticating hair patch. It isn't pre-molt, actually looks like it may have molted recently. The entire abdomen will turn black & shiny during pre-molt

That enclosure is huge for that T, but as long as it can find the food it's OK, I reckon. You need to let it dry up quite a bit. If the T is 1" or bigger you can put a plastic water bottle cap filled with water for humidity & drinking

katluc

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the feedback. I`m still learning, so I appreciate it. I thought the enclosure was a bit big too. I was looking for something at the local shop and that was the smallest I could find. I hope it doesn`t get stressed in there though. Maybe I should make up a smaller one and move it again later on. I`ll make sure it finds its food.I normally feed and then wait a while to see whether it takes it or runs away from it. If it runs away from the cricket, I take it out again, otherwise I wat until it finds it. It`s very sweet this baby and I´m pleased with it. Thanks for the pre-molt pic. I see now. The darkness is under its "skin". I should have known that. I was studying mine under a magnifying glass because I have middle aged eyes now :geek: