cork board

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
Are these safe to use in terrariums? hoping to use these for slings and other animals, but afraid of chemicals or glue residue that may be harmful. I've seen photos where people use these for bark scorpions before but I would just like to be sure.

-JohnD.

Last edited:

laurenkane

Arachnosquire
I don't like to use anything bought straight from craft stores or items that was glue, sealant, etc on them. Better to be safe than sorry. You can get larger slabs of cork bark from pet stores that can be sawed down to smaller sizes. These are all-natural, lightweight, and don't mold so they are pretty neat!

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
Thanks for the response but I was hoping someone who has used the cork boards before would chime in if they had success or failures. I know there are those who have used them in enclosures before but I want to know if they work in the long run.

-JohnD.

MatthewM1

Arachnoknight
I use little cork board panels in one of my C. sculpturatus enclosures. Been in there a few months w/ no issues

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Chriscent

Arachnopeon
I use the big sheets in 2 of my enclosures. I had some left over from a project. Figured I'd see how it goes. Of course I put it in 2 of my most boring T's enclosures. My B. Smithi is OLD and lazy. If she ever comes out of her hide it's brief, and it's not to do something so acrobatic as CLIMBING. She's lazy. The other is a cantankerous rose-hair. Yeah, you heard that. It got it's butt stuck in a small crack and injured itself. Hasn't been the same since. It does climb the cork occasionally though.