T wall evolution

Bipolar Spider

Arachnopeon
All Exo's and wanted to do a display type thing.

Changed my mind on the setups, too minimal and started turning to terrestrials as I had all pokies

Tried a theme thing but that wasn't really working either

IKEA Expedit shelf, tried fitting my existing vivs on but it could be better

Changed the 60x45x60's for 60x45x30's instead and went the terrestrial route

The Nano's hold my Metallicas and werent really filling the shelf space enough so changed them to 30 cubes and more 60x45x30's

Installed some IKEA dioders

Then time to set them up, originally it was going to be aquarium ornaments (like the tree you see inside one of them) but couldn't afford that for each so went with simple cork bark instead

Wall semi finished, some can do with improvements

For now they're all happy from what I can see, i've given them all 2-3 floors, multiple hides of all sizes etc and they use it all.

Inside are all Adult females

2 Lasiodora parahybana
2 Acanthoscurria geniculata
2 Nhandu Chromatus
1 Grammostola Porteri
1 Brachypelma smithi

Still have 3 pokies (2 metallica and 1 Subfusca LL) in the Nanos

And 2 more juv A. Genic's in plastic tubs.

thanks for looking

sr20det510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very nice!
The whole display looks amazing. You are talented, how long did it take to make each display?

BTW the Gollum one looks pretty cool actually. I would kept that one.

ArachnidSentinl

Arachnoknight
Very nice! I really enjoy it under the white light. Are those Ikea LEDs dimmable?

I've seen a few setups using Expedits (a personal Ikea favorite) before, and this is easily one of the most visually striking. Most that I've seen use the 12in vivs in every pocket, but I like how you've varied the sizes. Keeps it interesting.

Mindibun

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Where did you get the cork ? Pieces like that are really pricey around here - like $30 each.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I am in love with these various set ups and the overall arrangement. Hoping to have something similar in the future, that's for sure.

You've definitely got an eye for terrarium-scaping. Well done.

Bipolar Spider

Arachnopeon
Thanks for looking and commenting people.

Unfortunately these particular LED's aren't dimmable but they do make some that are, just cost a bit more I think.

Cork isn't really that expensive here in the UK it's just difficult finding the right bit's. I gave up on trying to find the right XL cork tubes and started making my own out of flat bits.

The idea came from seeing these pictures, I liked how it seems as if it's inside it's hole in the ground. Instead of trying to create outside the hide I tried making just one large hide. As a wall it comes together in person, not so much in pictures.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
looks amazing but id raise the sub levels in most of those just for safty reasons but otherwize its great. iv been planning on converting an oooold big screen to a few T vivs maybe a scorp or two. looks great tho but id prefer diy to buy ;P thats just me tho ofcourse XD

David VB

Arachnosquire
I really like that you changed en evolved in what ends up in awesome looking setups ;) The idea with the cork like that, creating a bigger hide with room on top is something i like a lot and might steal for future projects, if i'm allowed :p (not that you can do anything about it when i do, hahaha). Anyway, great stuff mate.

PS : what is that pinkish white stuff on the substrate?

Last edited:

Bipolar Spider

Arachnopeon
Thanks again guys, the pink stuff is part of the live spagnum (sp?) moss that comes in a pack, looks pretty cool I thought.

These are all due for a change soon so will be revising how they're setup. Seeing how they've adapted has given me new ideas.

Please feel free to use anything useful you can get from this by all means

Oumriel

Arachnosquire
I love love this! Totally going to copy. If I post pics I will give you inspirational credit!

Bipolar Spider

Arachnopeon
Alright guys bit of an update on today's events and the wall. Bought a couple more larger vivs and moving all the 30's to their own wall.

So last night I had to capture 7 juvi genics, 3 AF genics, 2 AF Parahybana's, 2 AF N. Chromatus, 1 P. juvi p metallica, 4 AF Chile's and a few others of whatever. Was fun.

Here's today's pics of just the breakdown and will update when sorted

Took out the divides on the middle shelf and put them under the middle legs to strengthen it. Now 6 60x45x30'2 can fit on 1 EXPEDIT

2 new vivs with a few of the old all cleaned up

Some supplies

3 just ready to clean out and build up again.

This time i'm going to do a labyrinth kinda thing with the cork. Same idea of levels etc but this time all walkways will link to each other.

After watching them for so long I notice who and who wants the extra space etc. Not touching the 30's today as these 6 will be enough to keep me busy

sweetypie

Arachnoknight
Awesome.
An organized museum look gives the newbies that come over a sense of respect instead of a dirty pet shop.

First impressions to the hobby in your place should spark a new flame to the noobs on the fence.

Some people have no idea of the hobby.
I had no idea about the cowfish, clown triggers and dog face puffers until one day either.

Thanks for the museum style.