Has Anyone Seen These Millipedes?

wastedwoodsman

Arachnosquire
NOw when i say bioluminescent i mean they create their own glow just like fireflys. You don't need a light to see the glow correct? I am looking for millipedes that have can produce their own glow just like fireflys in this case. How often did you see them?

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ah, never mind. I had a brain fart and forgot what bioluminescent meant haha. No, the ones I saw glowed like a scorpion when a UV light shined on them. Sorry :)

wastedwoodsman

Arachnosquire
Ah, never mind. I had a brain fart and forgot what bioluminescent meant haha. No, the ones I saw glowed like a scorpion when a UV light shined on them. Sorry :)
its okay i thought thats what you were thinking lol because i was pretty sure the only ones capable of producing their own glows were found in California and secrete cyanide! Thanks for the reply though! :3

mukmewx

Arachnosquire
They may secrete cyanide, but I'd totally keep them! I thought the flat one that are plentiful around here were cool! Little did I know! I mean WOW!

---------- Post added 06-13-2014 at 04:57 PM ----------

So that's Motyxia?

wastedwoodsman

Arachnosquire
They may secrete cyanide, but I'd totally keep them! I thought the flat one that are plentiful around here were cool! Little did I know! I mean WOW!

---------- Post added 06-13-2014 at 04:57 PM ----------

So that's Motyxia?
Yes it is and its very awesome! I wish i lived in cali so i could actually see them!

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
"Word on the street" is they are very hard to keep alive in captivity much less get to reproduce. There must be something in their limited environment that accounts for that.

mukmewx

Arachnosquire
"Word on the street" is they are very hard to keep alive in captivity much less get to reproduce. There must be something in their limited environment that accounts for that.
That's a shame, wouldn't want to keep em then. Just observe in their natural habitat. I was hoping they would repro like wildfire and I could start selling them at the local fair, lol.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I will be spending some time this summer in the woods of northern CA. I'll see if I can spot some and maybe get some pics/vids if ai find any. Hopefully, the glow is something my camera could pick up.