importing tarantulas

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
The are quite a few keepers and breeders in oz some one here may have links to them (ok may be just Steve Nunn) remember they will be Australian species only.

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It's not clear if Guardian Angel is in Australia and is looking to import non-native species into the country (not likley to happen legally), or if he's (or she) is not in Australia but is looking to get Australian tarantulas (might be possible eventually).

Wade

guardian angel

Arachnopeon
oopsy

ok guys im female living in Australia ..I have a bird eating spider(selenoiosmia cresipes) and would love one of the american tarantulas....wasnt sure if it is possible to import them here...sorry should have been more clear...thanks :)

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Ok its not legal under Australian law im afraid (same with any non domesticated animal i beileve you have to have zoo or be involved with research) it only reason i would not want to live there :(

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
For the record tho a lot of T keepers outside oz would luv Selenotypus plumipes and thes no law against you having them ;P

guardian angel

Arachnopeon
Hmmmm

undefinedWell as this is my first look into Tarantulas I'm still looking into making sure that my little Fluffy...lol yes thats wat i called her......is all happy and well......But first thing is first i have to make sure that she is the species I think she is ..The pet shop I bought her from are totally useless they have no idea...They have another one there that im thinking of going and buying just so they don't kill her.......I have asked them where they got them from but under laws here they don't have to tell me ....Which is pissing me off.......I do want to get into the breeding side of things and unless i know exactly wat type I have I can't really do it.....There are not alot of local people here with the knowledge I need to find out to help ....But hey thanks for the advice and that sucks severely that I can't get the ones you guys get :(

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There is a Yahoo group for Australian tarantula keepers. Unfortunately, I'm not sure of the name. If you used the Pivate Message function to send a message to Steve Nunn (a member here) he might be able to help.

Good luck,

Wade

guardian angel

Arachnopeon
Thanks

Hey thanks for that .I did see it somewhere :? but sort of lost it....lolol ok yeah I'm blonde.......you guys are so helpfull....... :p

inked

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
FryLock said:
For the record tho a lot of T keepers outside oz would luv Selenotypus plumipes and thes no law against you having them ;P
however even in Australia, there are a lot of people that would love to get a true S.Plumipes (myself for one...) but man are they hard to get a hold of .. I don't know if they've managed to be captively bred yet.. i haven't heard about it yet if they have.. if anyone is reading and has some sling's, please let me know (that goes for plumipes and other Aussie captive bred t's)

inked

Last edited:

inked

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi and thanks for the reply,

I got the majority of my spiderlings from Steve Nunn, however even he had quite a time getting hold of a Selenotypus plumipes, or so ive read..

i'm sure when he has successfully bred them, he will let us Aussie tarantula enthusiasts and the rest of the world know.. i think it's just a matter of waiting for good news..

and oh yeah, the yahoo group for the Aussie Tarantula forum is here