Sling enclosures

Duffman1990

Arachnosquire

Would this be a ok sling enclosure for a 1.5 inch sling ?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
what are the dimensions? I think I have one about that big for my LP's that are 1.5", and it's a good size, but will be too small in a molt or two.

Duffman1990

Arachnosquire
what are the dimensions? I think I have one about that big for my LP's that are 1.5", and it's a good size, but will be too small in a molt or two.
I'm not sure of the dimensions I just found it around the house I'm trying to find a few containers because I'm going to be getting 3 slings in a few days and only one of them is over a inch.

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Oh then it will be fine. Tarantulas live in cramped burrows, and as long as it can at least move and flip itself over, it should be good temporarily. But that also could be a permanent container if it's the right size, too.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
You can get a sleeve of deli cups for a few dollars from a restaurant supply store. Much better than scrounging around the house for odd ball containers.

Duffman1990

Arachnosquire
One other thing there substrate I read a good mix is 60/40 coco fiber /vermiculate is this true or is just straight coco fiber ok?

skippydude

Arachnobaron
That enclosure is perfect for a 1" to 1 1/2" terrestrial

Straight coco coir is all you need

Duffman1990

Arachnosquire
That enclosure is perfect for a 1" to 1 1/2" terrestrial

Straight coco coir is all you need
awesome thanks my wife just told me as a father's day present I can go to our lps and get a t.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You lucky man =)

Looks like a good size just don't forget to add air holes to it. A soldering iron is a good way to do it if you have one

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
That's about the size all of my T's are housed in at 1-2". I rehoused my L. Violaceopes and P. Regalis yesterday because they were each about 2.5" and it was getting a little cramped.

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep, poke some ventilation holes (I generally use a heated nail) and you should be good to go. What species are you going to be putting in there?

Duffman1990

Arachnosquire
Yep, poke some ventilation holes (I generally use a heated nail) and you should be good to go. What species are you going to be putting in there?
I'm thinking ether grammostola pulchra or Nhandu coloratovillosus

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm thinking ether grammostola pulchra or Nhandu coloratovillosus
Gotcha. I'm more of a Nhandu than a Grammostola man, but that's the sort of difficult, personality-defining decision that all keepers must face. Enjoy your spiders!

Duffman1990

Arachnosquire
Gotcha. I'm more of a Nhandu than a Grammostola man, but that's the sort of difficult, personality-defining decision that all keepers must face. Enjoy your spiders!
well actually I couldn't decide so I'm getting those two and Acanthoscurria geniculata

lucarelli78

Arachnosquire
well actually I couldn't decide so I'm getting those two and Acanthoscurria geniculata

Very nice, I have almost 30 Ts and the A. geniculatas are one of my favorite species. As for your question, I start off in condiment cups then rehouse in 16 ounce deli containers, then on to the 'accessory box' from The Container Store, and finally ending at the 'men's shoe box' which is a little bit bigger than the regular shoe box also from The Container Store. They have a website as well as brick and mortar locations. Definitely one of my favorite places to shop now that I own tarantulas.

Sent from my ME302C using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
What's your point and to whom is it directed?

The last post was 7 months ago, so the genic in question is not likely a sling any longer as quickly as they grow;)

Your post is still obviously still valid to others reading this thread:smile:

I wonder if there's a container store in Milwaukee?

lucarelli78

Arachnosquire
I wonder if there's a container store in Milwaukee?
I'm pretty sure the website is thecontainerstore.com, but Google it just in case. Too much to type, but I'm telling you wait until you go on their website and see their prices. It's incredibly affordable, and I was turned on to the site by another member of arachnoboards. If you don't have a brick and mortar location near you, you can still order online, and with their prices, even paying for regular shipping is still cost effective.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
What's your point and to whom is it directed?

My point was that you were replying to an old post...sorry I didn't meen to make you feel stupid, I can tell by your reaction I did..maybe be less stupid next time...peace bro ham.