nice site

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep that is a pretty one forsure and looks like it had quite the discussion on the boards back few years , I would like to have a few and yes its close to the gbb and the O diamantinensis which oneday hope to own :)

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Pretty cool site! I love way the A. mooreae looks, I hope it becomes readily available in the hobby soon! As well as the other Aphonopelmas, just looking at some of them, they're beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yep that is a pretty one forsure and looks like it had quite the discussion on the boards back few years , I would like to have a few and yes its close to the gbb and the O diamantinensis which oneday hope to own :)

Yeah, I've noticed too how some species fade in/out of discussion. Popularity changes like the weather at times!

Fishcrunch

Arachnosquire
Interesting that the Pepsis-Wasp venom actually wears off if the tarantula somehow manages to escape the wasp, even though it can take as long as 3 months.

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have actually caught a pepsis-wasp dragging young female A.hentzi across gravel road here by my place, I caught the wasp it didnt live long in captivity . I Would lay the young T on her back and put water droplet on her fang /mouth area for months, she finally got to where she could kill her own food, then had a bad molt and died but yes they can come back from the sting but takes long time ,,she got real skinny over the ordeal

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Pretty cool site! I love way the A. mooreae looks, I hope it becomes readily available in the hobby soon! As well as the other Aphonopelmas, just looking at some of them, they're beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would not hold your breath for that. If you follow viper's link regarding them, you'll notice there are no known captive breeding populations in the US and since we can't import out of Mexico the odds of getting them, well, ever are slim to none. I'm sure most people can make due with a GBB.

Last edited:

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's very interesting! I'm almost tempted to try that myself!
Yep it was interesting just a lifeless T for long time , then there was some twitching and finally some movement around cage and then a hungry T it shame bad molt got her

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I would not hold your breath for that. If you follow viper's link regarding them, you'll notice there are no known captive breeding populations in the US and since we can't import out of Mexico the odds of getting them, well, ever are slim to none. I'm sure most people can make due with a GBB.
Well sounds like a trip for the Germans!!