Frustrating week

MatthewM1

Arachnoknight
So started off the week with my first DOA on something I shipped out thanks to USPS shipping the roaches half way across the country in the wrong direction before catching their mistake. Then fractured my elbow, cast for two weeks, then a brace for a little while after. I've gotta a MM pokie I'm supposed to be shipping out that is going to have to wait until the cast is off. So I feel like a bit of an ass because of the delays on that. Then to top it all off I've had so many great transactions with members on here I let myself become too trusting and I've gotten burned twice in the last week or 2. One is on these boards, I sent a member a small pack of lats to try out, even threw in some hisser nymphs. All I ask in return was he refund me cost of shipping. Its been well over a week now and he seems to be ignoring my pms at this point. Then I had set up a trade with a user on another forum a mix of my hisser nymphs as well as some dubia, nymphs and adults for some 40 dram vials. I had pm'd back and forth with them up until I sent them a tracking number, they have been ignoring my pm's since. Its only 3 days since delivery so I still have my fingers crossed I'm not getting screwed and they had some kind of emergency

Sorry for the long post just needed to vent to some people who will understand my frustrations

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep I know in some ways how you feel never had a cast on the arm ,but have been tooked sevral times and once when P metallicas where pushing 200 a pop got to keep on going though ,even with the bad it get better man

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
Sorry to hear about your week, especially the fractured elbow, that just sounds terrible.

Stories like yours make me nervous about purchasing. I'm looking for some Pterinopelma sazimai slings and some P. Platyomma slings, but the thought of getting nothing in return for that decent sum of money makes me hesitate.

cold blood

Staff member
So started off the week with my first DOA on something I shipped out thanks to USPS shipping the roaches half way across the country in the wrong direction before catching their mistake. Then fractured my elbow, cast for two weeks, then a brace for a little while after. I've gotta a MM pokie I'm supposed to be shipping out that is going to have to wait until the cast is off. So I feel like a bit of an ass because of the delays on that. Then to top it all off I've had so many great transactions with members on here I let myself become too trusting and I've gotten burned twice in the last week or 2. One is on these boards, I sent a member a small pack of lats to try out, even threw in some hisser nymphs. All I ask in return was he refund me cost of shipping. Its been well over a week now and he seems to be ignoring my pms at this point. Then I had set up a trade with a user on another forum a mix of my hisser nymphs as well as some dubia, nymphs and adults for some 40 dram vials. I had pm'd back and forth with them up until I sent them a tracking number, they have been ignoring my pm's since. Its only 3 days since delivery so I still have my fingers crossed I'm not getting screwed and they had some kind of emergency

Sorry for the long post just needed to vent to some people who will understand my frustrations
I'm a big fan of calling out individuals that burn a seller or buyer. It both helps others know whom to be careful dealing with, but also discourages others from doing the same if they know they will get called out for it.

Upon the suggestion of a fellow user, I looked to AB classifieds for t purchases recently, as I have had many bad experiences with several big name sellers, having huge issues with communication. Well I must say, I have now ordered from 3 different sellers and every time it gets better and better. I am so pleased with guys like yourself, MatthewM1, that I will likely do all of my future buying from fellow enthusiasts. For all you great sellers, I want to say a BIG thank you for doing what you do. I'm simply blown away by some of the great sellers we have access to here on AB. I went looking for t's, and found people I now consider friends in the process.:)

Sorry to hear you got burned....for all those burning others, or thinking about it....I hate you and I hope the good people you burn tell everyone who you are...no one wants to deal with you!

Good luck with the elbow, that's gotta be uncomfortable...get well!

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
I have been considering exploring the classifieds for my next purchase just because I see some of the inventory and pricing on dealers websites and hear of negative experiences. I don't want to write them off but sometimes the little guys like Matthew end up caring more for each transaction…Like I said earlier, keep your head up M1, better days are heading your way. I dislocated my shoulder years ago and was in a sling for weeks plus physical therapy. It is no fun but it will pass! Soon enough you will hardly remember it!!

MatthewM1

Arachnoknight
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I will most definitely be calling them out on it in the review section, part of me still hopes they'll come through with their end still. The classified section on here truly is a great place to meet and do business with some great hobbyists. 17 of my 21 T's have come from other hobbyists there, 2 from Cornell and 2 from an expo . Just need to exercise caution when dealing with someone you haven't dealt with in the past or who has no reviews. Something I had gotten too relaxed about.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron

You can definitely tell us on here who burned you so it doesn't happen to us by them.

before you tell us who it is give them a week from your first post to fix their mistake.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Regarding the above, just make sure you "let us know" in the appropriate place. We aren't allowed to leave review type posts, even understandably calling out shady users, in anywhere but the review section. So definitely leave these people honest reviews, that way the next person who does business with them will see that.

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
If it makes you feel better someone said to me they had a bad week because of some people on reddit arguing. At least you actually had a bad week. Sorry, just trying to cheer you up. Maybe in bad taste lol.

Apologies for your troubles, sometimes just getting it off your chest in a rant helps. So rant away man! =p

MatthewM1

Arachnoknight
Thanks again everyone. I've already left a negative review for the one user from this forum in the appropriate thread. I'm unsure if the person from this other forum is on here but if I don't hear from them soon ill be posting the name they gave me so others can be on the lookout. In the appropriate section of course :)
Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk