New LP!

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Super cool but it does not look like an LP to me. Maybe it is just the pictures. :) Enjoy your spider. :)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
i agree with crackerpants. doesnt look like an lp to me either realy. but theres always the lighting and editing of photos tat can make it look dif.. still a nice lookin guy/gal with decent abd

TLover007

Arachnosquire
I also received a big LP last week... here is a pic to compare... not the best pic but you can see there is definitaly a difference

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
As said, that is certainly not an LP.

How big is that T? The spider looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

Definately a NW, was this a petshop buy? (If it was an online dealer, don't mention name in the thread as it's against forum rules, but I'd suggest gettng in contact with whoever sold you it and let them know his is not an LP).

---------- Post added 06-22-2014 at 12:14 PM ----------

could you post some better shots of the T?

Livia

Arachnopeon
As said, that is certainly not an LP.

How big is that T? The spider looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

Definately a NW, was this a petshop buy? (If it was an online dealer, don't mention name in the thread as it's against forum rules, but I'd suggest gettng in contact with whoever sold you it and let them know his is not an LP).

---------- Post added 06-22-2014 at 12:14 PM ----------

could you post some better shots of the T?
Its around the 2 inch mark so if that makes a difference than yea either way Im happy with the guy

edit: Its actually probably more around the inch and 3/4 mark, I can also almost guarentee he was mistreated as I bought as a rescue just because the local dealer sucks at caring for their animals. I would not be suprised if its not what I thought it was though.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
This one is a 2 1/2" Lasiadora difficilis, it is darker, but there is something different about the hair on your T. Not the color of the hair, instead the length and messiness of the hair is different. Your T seems to be too well groomed to be a Lasiodora

011.jpg

Livia

Arachnopeon
This one is a 2 1/2" Lasiadora difficilis, it is darker, but there is something different about the hair on your T. Not the color of the hair, instead the length and messiness of the hair is different. Your T seems to be too well groomed to be a Lasiodora

View attachment 127767
this is very random but maybe a b. vagans?

---------- Post added 06-22-2014 at 02:15 PM ----------

View attachment 127767
Ive looked at him again and it appears almost identical

TLover007

Arachnosquire
Cant be vagans... that guy already has dark colors so if it was a vagans there would be slightly red abdoman hairs?? Unless its just not showing on the pics??

Livia

Arachnopeon
Cant be vagans... that guy already has dark colors so if it was a vagans there would be slightly red abdoman hairs?? Unless its just not showing on the pics??
Your right it doesnt, this may be a long shot and I dont know much about the species but could it possibly be of theraphosa? I ask as I looked at a pic earlier that looked almost exactly like it that was labled as theraphosa just a slightly bigger abdomen

TLover007

Arachnosquire
Your right it doesnt, this may be a long shot and I dont know much about the species but could it possibly be of theraphosa? I ask as I looked at a pic earlier that looked almost exactly like it that was labled as theraphosa just a slightly bigger abdomen
i might be wrong but i dont think so... Theraphosa have very distinctive carapace markings and that one does not have it... seems we will have to wait for it to grow up... ive never seen a G Pulchra, is there anyone that can say that this T is not a G Pulchra? the very dark hairs all over the body has to tell us something

Livia

Arachnopeon
i might be wrong but i dont think so... Theraphosa have very distinctive carapace markings and that one does not have it... seems we will have to wait for it to grow up... ive never seen a G Pulchra, is there anyone that can say that this T is not a G Pulchra? the very dark hairs all over the body has to tell us something
Its defenitely not A g.pulchra far to skittish and in real life it is quite brown
dont know why it looks black in the pic...Ill take another

edit: its flicking hairs right now cant lift the hide

TLover007

Arachnosquire
Its defenitely not A g.pulchra far to skittish and in real life it is quite brown
dont know why it looks black in the pic...Ill take another

edit: its flicking hairs right now cant lift the hide
create a new post and ask people to help us ID it? I dont have enpugh exprience to ID that T...

cold blood

Staff member
create a new post and ask people to help us ID it? I dont have enpugh exprience to ID that T...
Why create a new post when you have people's attention right here? I don't get the whole multiple posts for the same thing/conversation, quite baffling in my eyes.

TLover007

Arachnosquire
Why create a new post when you have people's attention right here? I don't get the whole multiple posts for the same thing/conversation, quite baffling in my eyes.
i just think there is not enough attention here... didnt think the title "New LP" would attract people that can help us with the problem... but if you think its enough then its cool no problem... we will just wait for the replies

cold blood

Staff member
I honestly think there are not a lot of guesses, because they are just guesses. Hard to tell exactly the species from the pics, especially when its described as looking different than the pic. Time will be the best benefit to really knowing exactly the species, IMO. The page is continuing to get the "hits".

TLover007

Arachnosquire
I honestly think there are not a lot of guesses, because they are just guesses. Hard to tell exactly the species from the pics, especially when its described as looking different than the pic. Time will be the best benefit to really knowing exactly the species, IMO. The page is continuing to get the "hits".
well i have to agree there both with the time thing and the hits thing...

Quinquangular

Arachnoknight
Definitely does not look like a LP.
And yeah, B vegans are a lot different, so can't be that either.