My Tarantula room

skippydude

Arachnobaron
My youngest child turned 18 and moved out :D
The dust didn't have time to settle before I had my T collection in that empty bedroom
The 2 shelves of 90+ enclosures that had my living room over crowded, are dwarfed by the new space I have now
In fact it looks a little bare in here, think I'll go shopping for a feeding table tomorrow

003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Oh congrats! I am so looking forward to the day my babies get their own room. I imagine that room isn't going to stay bare for very long. XD

TLover007

Arachnosquire
Nice!! I currently use my bed for a feeding table... but i dont sleep in that bed...

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
lol at first im thinking "holy cow thats a tiny room poor kid." then i realize those 2 exos and im loke oh those arnt the like 6inch wide/deep ones my stores sell XD

personally i have similar sized shelvs but i put some plywood on the plastic and use that as my feed table.. itl give you more room for more babies if you think about it ;)

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
My youngest child turned 18 and moved out :D
The dust didn't have time to settle before I had my T collection in that empty bedroom
The 2 shelves of 90+ enclosures that had my living room over crowded, are dwarfed by the new space I have now
In fact it looks a little bare in here, think I'll go shopping for a feeding table tomorrow

View attachment 127752 View attachment 127753 View attachment 127754 View attachment 127755 View attachment 127756

where you buy a bakers rack from? lol

jusbaker

Arachnopeon
Nice room, Im at the total opposite spectrum. We just had our first child and my collection has been moved from her new room to the new spider room under the stairs.. Its a bit small but I still have some room for additions.

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
Congrats on the dedicated room! I kicked out my roommates after I got my new job just so I could have both a dedicated weight room, and a dedicated T room, haha. I noticed when my T's got their own room, all of the sudden my collection more than doubled in size, lol.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Looks good. Show us how itg looks in 3 months again! I bet it dont look so empty anymore;-)
Very motivating to have your own room where you can work with them in peace.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Looks good. Show us how itg looks in 3 months again! I bet it dont look so empty anymore;-)
Very motivating to have your own room where you can work with them in peace.
You just might be right, this room may not be big enough in the near future :(
Got 12 more T's coming this week {D 6 slings and 6 bigguns
I did my first pairing today in the new room with my N chromatus. No insertion, but working in a tarantula room, instead of the bathtub is amazing, I'm lovin it :D
And I'm sure the tarantulas don't mind the much quieter, slightly darker living quarters

telepatella

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I let my 10 year old boy sleep and do his homework in my tarantula room. I like the picture of the TKG. I loaned mine to a new keeper and I miss it. Must have gone cover to cover a dozen times...

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Very cool setup, nice & simple. Also looking forward to the time when they can have their own room. :)

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Awesome setup, SO much room to expand! :D I'm somewhat envious. At the moment my home studio/living room is my T room; eventually we're going to build a nice big, sturdy shelf for all my critter enclosures. That alone I'm grateful for. It will give me room for expansion and de-clutter my workspace.

HungryGhost

Arachnoknight
Congrats to you and your tarantulas!
My T's, mantids, and feeders currently share my home office. I get complaints from my wife and daughter that it smells in there (sometimes a fruit fly culture gets a little ripe). I would love to have a room for me and my bugs.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Added a work table, life got a lot easier on feeding day :D
001.jpg
003.jpg

And preparing for new arrivals
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg

Did my first pairing in the new T room Sunday

[video=youtube;tJgN47KYh9k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tJgN47KYh9k[/video]

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Really nice! Pretty jealous that you have a designated T room haha.

I do have some questions though if you don't mind:
-In the post above me, what kind of containers are the ones with the blue latches?
-" ", what size is the syringe that you are using to poke holes in the deli cup?
-" ", what size of deli cup are those?

Thanks and have fun with your T room!

skippydude

Arachnobaron
The blue latch boxes are "Sterilite" 6 3/8"L X 5"W X 2 3/4"D (Dollar General)

Syringe is 1 1/2" X 16 guage (Feed Store)

Deli cups are 2oz or 59ml (WalMart)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Skippy I'd like to say its a great room, but all I see is a lot of wasted, empty space time to fill that room to the gills

What's in the exoterras?