question about P. irminia

Athenas Boy

Arachnosquire
so I have a 4.5+ inch female P.irminia that's in pre-molt. she hasn't been webbing for quite a while. I put her in a new enclosure a few weeks ago and shes only thrown a couple of strands down. ive been making a point to not disturb her. I don't need to open her cage because I have tubing running from the top of the enclosure into her waterdish. I also have her enclosure positioned so the spot she likes to hide is in the darkest corner of my closet. is she just not webbing because of premolt or is there another possible underlying cause? and feedback would be helpful even if it is only speculation.

TBspiders

Arachnopeon
She is less active because of pre-molt, nothing to worry about! :) I had 3 P. Irminia molts this weekend! :) one Sub Adult Female and two 2nd instars! :)
Beautiful sp.

Happy keeping!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
We don't necessarily know when they're really premolt; a lot of assumptions are made. Many are wrong.

Athenas Boy

Arachnosquire
youre right poec I am only assuming. but that doesn't really answer my question. what are some other reasons why she wouldn't be webbing?

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Look, P. irminia in nature prefers hides under the bark, holes in the trees and the like. In captivity, they web way more than they do usually in their natural habitat. I've two adult female here, one webs the heck out of her enclosure, the other barely webs at all, except for the inside of her cork-bark tube. I wouldn't worry. If yours has an ample hide opportunity, she'll lay down web when she decides to do so.

Athenas Boy

Arachnosquire
Look, P. irminia in nature prefers hides under the bark, holes in the trees and the like. In captivity, they web way more than they do usually in their natural habitat. I've two adult female here, one webs the heck out of her enclosure, the other barely webs at all, except for the inside of her cork-bark tube. I wouldn't worry. If yours has an ample hide opportunity, she'll lay down web when she decides to do so.
danke! this reassures me quite a bit

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Wow, a 4.5 inch irminia. She must be stunning (when you see her, that is). Mine is only a couple of inches yet, can't wait for it to get bigger. :)

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
I literally had this same exact thing! I rehousedy 4.5 inch girl and she never re webbed. I got her about 6 months ago and she never rewebbed ams she just molter last Saturday. She could be in pre molt but I didn't see any signs until she started refusing food. She might just be comfy without a web. Mine just hid behind her plant. Like I said, she might just be comfy the way she is now :)