PERFECT A hentzi cage?

Mindibun

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just got an exo terra nano for my 4"female A hentzi. Before I put it together I;m looking for ideas. I already have a ton in mind, but if you could build the perfect A hentzi cage, what would it have?

skippydude

Arachnobaron
8" is not enough floor space for this tarantula. You want 12" now and more when the T reaches full size

These exo terra tanks are awfully expensive, If I used them, I'd buy the size needed for an adult and let that 4" juvenile grow into it

Mindibun

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I didn't buy it, it was given to me used from someone who was downsizing. But ok, I will use it for something else. That doesn't answer my question though. If you could design the perfect A hentzi cage, what would it look like and what would go in it? Anyone?

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
A perfect cage would mimic the natural environment. If I had a limitless budget I would get a 50 gallon terrarium with foam inserts that go on the sides and back similar to the ones that exo terra has, fill the first 6 inches of it with excavator clay, then pour a mixture of organic potting soil, sphagnum moss, vermiculite, sand, and coco fiber on top of the dried clay until there was about a foot of space left at the top of the terrarium. Next I would plant tufts of grass native to the area on one side of the terrarium and few low moisture plants on the other side. I would then place a l large hide shaped log in the center of the terrarium and plant some taller plants around the back and sides of it. Lastly I would get a day and night automatic light changing system. This is total overkill of course and the extra room could lead to potential injuries. You could do the same thing in a ten gallon. lol is that perfect enough?

kjm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree, it's best to try to give at least 12" of floor space if your able to. That way it will allow enough room for it to roam around.

Best Luck,

KJM

skippydude

Arachnobaron
I didn't buy it, it was given to me used from someone who was downsizing. But ok, I will use it for something else. That doesn't answer my question though. If you could design the perfect A hentzi cage, what would it look like and what would go in it? Anyone?
Proper size enclosure with the correct substrate depth, add a hide and water dish, for me this is the perfect "A hentzi cage"
Anything else you add will be for your aesthetic benefit and does very little for the tarantula ;)