You know you're a tarantula nerd when...

Mindibun

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You get this new machine at work and you determine it's a female because it has spermatheca. Just had to share this with you guys because when I saw this machine I said out loud, "Oh, it has spermatheca. Must be a girl." And my co-workers all looked at me like I was nuts and/or speaking another language (which, technically, I guess I was). I just wanted someone to appreciate this. -lol-

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
oh my sides hurt lmao coworkers are looking at me like <edit> and i cant even explain it because there like "sper-whata??" XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Orpheusr0ck

Arachnopeon
I almost blurted out to a co-worker who just got his head shaved asking if he was in premolt or stressed. Meh.

Oumriel

Arachnosquire
...when you go in your tarantula room several times a day just to see what they are up to. :)

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
...when you start basing your grocery purchases on the container's suitability as a potential tarantula enclosure.

...when your cat stands on its hind legs, you say its going into threat posture.

...when the Tarantula dreams start.

...when the Tarantula NIGHTMARES start. (Anyone else had dreams about their favorite T in their collection dying yet?)

...when you decide to learn Latin just so you know you're pronouncing the names of your specimens right.

...when your home office/studio starts looking like it should belong to an entomologist.

cold blood

Staff member
Lets just face facts, every single person on this site would be considered a t nerd in the eyes of those not sharing our interests. Yup, I'm a t nerd for sure. If you are not, none of these posts would make much sense.;) I think we can all relate to most if not all of the posts made.:)

But I'll add another anyway....If you refer to them as t's.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
[video=youtube;qZcXFSeQ8yc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZcXFSeQ8yc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

cold blood

Staff member
Had a dream once, many years ago, that I came home from work one night and there was a human-sized OBT sitting in my recliner, drinking a beer.
Haha, they're aggressive enough sober, I'd hate to see one drunk...scary dream indeed....was it wearing a white tank top, too? teehee

You know you are a t nerd when...you've checked this thread more than once.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
I wouldn't go toe to toe with a human sized OBT, but I think I could whoop a drunk one :eek:

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
...when the Tarantula NIGHTMARES start. (Anyone else had dreams about their favorite T in their collection dying yet?)
Yes, worst dream ever! My B. smithi. I was so upset in my dream. I was so relieved when I woke up.

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha, they're aggressive enough sober, I'd hate to see one drunk...scary dream indeed....was it wearing a white tank top, too? teehee
Yep - and he kept yelling, "Stellllaaaaa!"

Seriously though, I didn't consider it a nightmare - I actually thought it was a pretty cool dream. I don't think I felt that, in the dream, the temper of real OBTs had transferred over to the gigantic one. Or perhaps my subconscious simply felt OBTs are the Ts most likely to be downing a cold one. Who knows.

Driller64

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
...when you start basing your grocery purchases on the container's suitability as a potential tarantula enclosure.

...when your cat stands on its hind legs, you say its going into threat posture.

...when the Tarantula dreams start.

...when you decide to learn Latin just so you know you're pronouncing the names of your specimens right.

...when your home office/studio starts looking like it should belong to an entomologist.
Add that also you react to your Ts deaths the way people would expect you to react to a pet dog or cat dying and you bury them in your yard and hold mini funerals for them, including leaving flowers beside their graves lol

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2