P. Cancerides vs P. Sp "Purple"

ThrenodyDirge

Arachnopeon
What are the differences between Phormictopus Cancerides and Phormictopus sp. "purple"?

Their common names as I've learned are Haitian Brown birdeater and Cuban Purple birdeater respectively. I've seen that some P. Cancerides are purple. Does that make them P. sp "purple"?

All you can think of would be spectacularly helpful. Temperament. Coloration. Climates. Etc.

Thank you!

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Aside from being different species? Well a quick Google search would show and tell you pretty much anything you need to know but...
P.cancerides is brown with pink, sometimes purple highlights on the carapace. Phormictopus sp.purple is more dark and are, well, purple. Purpley-black with purple femurs and pinkish/purple carapace. Pretty different looking. I have both and while the attitude hasn't come in yet on my purples, it has on my cancerides and from what I hear, purples get the Phormictopus attitude as well. I keep mine dry, with a water dish and plenty of sub to move around; no special heat or "humidity" requirements. They're very big decorators.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
My 3" Purples are fiesty, more so than my adult cancerides. I love to see NW's with attitudes. So refreshing.

I keep my Phormictopus on slightly moist substrate. While they're probably fairly flexible, I think they'd prefer moist rather than dry.

Yentlequible

Arachnoknight
My 3" Purples are fiesty, more so than my adult cancerides. I love to see NW's with attitudes. So refreshing.

I keep my Phormictopus on slightly moist substrate. While they're probably fairly flexible, I think they'd prefer moist rather than dry.
Could you show me any pictures of your purples?