B vagans sexing question.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
Unfortunately, I cannot take a good picture of its molt. I wasn't aware that males apparently have some sort of protrusion that may look similar to the female's using the untrained eye on some species. This molt has two of these but there is no uterus externus that I can see. The specimen is about 3 inches or so. I lurked the "sexing for dummies" thread but I wasn't able to find any B. vagans pictures. So I have no idea what a male or female B. vagans looks like.

I'm begging anyone with pictures of this to please post them. I would greatly appreciate it. Any helpful descriptions may help too. Thanks in advance!

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
Yup, that's pretty much what I'm seeing. Thanks so much!!! I got hopeful there for a minute. I'll still love him but still, hoping for a big ole fat female. Thanks again!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I'll still love him but still, hoping for a big ole fat female.
That's why you want to get several slings at a time of a species, so you have a much better chance of getting a female. People who buy one-of-this, one-of-that often wind up with a majority of males.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
That's why you want to get several slings at a time of a species, so you have a much better chance of getting a female. People who buy one-of-this, one-of-that often wind up with a majority of males.
If I had the money I'd have at least a few of each species. Males are alright, I guess I could always trade them or sell them once they mature. Or I could just keep them as well.

My Nhandu chromatus is DEFINITELY a female! At least I know I have her!