Public Comment Period Open for Constrictor Rule

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitComment;D=FWS_FRDOC_0001-1216

The public commenting period for adding the remaining five constrictors to the Lacey Act has opened. Even if you don't own these species, I would recommend commenting. We need to note that faulty science shouldn't be a basis for banning importation or interstate shipping of these species.

Understand HSUS and the other yoyos will be out in full force trying to get them added. Let's meet them with an even bigger response.

Please keep the comments civil.

samatwwe

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hope you post this on large snake forums, if you are a part of any. These kinds of proposed legislation need more attention and are ashame. They do not realize how many negative affects these laws would have and they only worry about banning everything they can. I mean soon it will be "illegal" to keep any type of pet that could potentially harm a human. Are they going to ban dogs next because they can bite people and even kill young children?

JZC

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hope you post this on large snake forums, if you are a part of any. These kinds of proposed legislation need more attention and are ashame. They do not realize how many negative affects these laws would have and they only worry about banning everything they can. I mean soon it will be "illegal" to keep any type of pet that could potentially harm a human. Are they going to ban dogs next because they can bite people and even kill young children?
Nah, dogs are cute, so they can obviously never hurt anyone!

samatwwe

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nah, dogs are cute, so they can obviously never hurt anyone!
That's the consensus... Lol it's ashame people are so close-minded to the animals a lot of us keep, and house very safely at that.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Simple solution. Ban people who own large constrictors. Leave the snakes alone and deport the people to the places of the snakes origin. Deport the people who over react to the snakes. Maybe to the south pole.

I'm sorry and I apologize. This hysteria, which is exactly what it is, just refuses to get encompassed by my pre-frontals. I feel reasonably certain that, even with a perfect niche in the ecosystem found, the US can't barf up the number of these kinds of snakes that we live with daily around here. Is there an anti hysteria vote where all the proponents of the fanatical laws have to submit to psychological examinations and the results of these exams are published for public scrutiny somewhere??

Louise E. Rothstein

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You wouldn't believe what can pass for "truth."
If "feral Burmese pythons" have really made away with "99.point whatever" of "native mammals in Florida" all of those supposedly "proliferating" pythons are starving to death as we speak.
They won't be producing "up to 100 eggs per clutch" if they don't have food to make eggs out of.
And neither will any of the supposedly similar snakes whose ability to eat air is a little bit limited unless,of course,they turn out to be mythical monsters that can "breed" without physical food.

We can (and should!!!) point this out.

SOME people do use their brains.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
All except boas were added today. And they had zero evidence the species were injurious - they were added because USFWS "felt" they could be injurious.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
All except boas were added today. And they had zero evidence the species were injurious - they were added because USFWS "felt" they could be injurious.
The doc isn't open to comment, what snakes were added??? Snakes aren't OK but man eating pitbulls are ;)

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The doc isn't open to comment, what snakes were added??? Snakes aren't OK but man eating pitbulls are ;)
Don't worry, viper69, the same groups pushing this through want to ban dogs, too, man-eating "pit bulls" or otherwise. Keep feeding that crocodile, and maybe it will eat you last, but it WILL eat you, you can count on that, unless you help all of us, including those of us who own "pit bulls" and other dogs you don't like, slay this monstrosity.

pitbulllady

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Why can't we get these rules and regulation fanatics to take on the really vile insidious reptiles like Comcast and Verizon and get them banned too?