Music for tarantulas????

sandybanjo

Arachnopeon
I usually play KLUV (98.7FM) during the day. Anyone observed what the effect on our babies is?

Aware of the vibrations they sense, mainly just wondering if it affects their sense when there is food available for them.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I make a point not to use my electric toothbrush around my Ts cause I imagine the vibrations might bother them. I have no idea if they'd actually care but I don't wanna risk it.

Athenas Boy

Arachnosquire
I used to put sublime on for my avic versicolor and it was the oddest thing. she would only web when the music was playing. shes a hippie spider lol

Micrathena

Arachnoknight
I know Cage The Elephant released the songs Black Widow and Spiderhead. Hmm...

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
personally i only wear a headset in my room for music and games [beats and turtle beach ftw lol] i know the vibrations stress out animals and when i only kept snakes it seemed to make some of them stressed and fiesty even with the volume at like 20% so i personally do not risk it. the only vibrations in my room have "hush mat" under them like my xbox and computer. i dont wish to risk it...... the old wives tales say a T or scorp wont find food if u blare music, im not sure i believe that, however i dont think blaring music is appropriate with animals whos instincs goes off of vibrations..

to me puting a music near a T is kinda like puting them in front of a fan when its on high.. i seen this in a herp forum and somone kept a gbb in a fully vented cage [the zilla fresh air screen cage] now personally i dont find much wrong with this if the T, is big enough.. but they waited till the gbb webbed up the cage and put it by the fan on high thinking it would simulate nature and wind.. but inturn his gbb at 4" refused to eat due to stress infact it nolonger webbed because the wind was too strong and constant it stressed them out... to me this is almost the equivalent of music. its just not right.. if your going to keep an animal and blare music i personally feel the music should be done in ear or in a different room..

tylerdpeter

Arachnopeon
Have you guys ever seen Eight Legged Freaks?! Yes tarantulas are affected by vibrations! That's one of the methods they detect what's around them. Too much sound/vibrations will stress the spider out. Sane with any strong fragrances

Keith B

Arachnobaron
I had my versicolor too close to the speakers at one point, and she paced her tube continuously, before coming out. She then marched across her enclosure, up the opposite side in the direction of the speakers, and began slapping the :poop: out of the glass. So yeah, any music playing loud enough for the vibration to reach the spider is for you and not for them.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Have you guys ever seen Eight Legged Freaks?! Yes tarantulas are affected by vibrations! That's one of the methods they detect what's around them. Too much sound/vibrations will stress the spider out. Sane with any strong fragrances
This isn't a serious post is it? Also if you want a good killer spider movie watch Arachnophobia.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Tarantulas perceive the world through vibrations. Playing music for them essentially makes them blind and deaf, unable to sense their surroundings. I don't know about you, but for me this does not seem like a good time at all :?