First Death Curl.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well Valentine has reached the point I knew qwasn't far off. My h Maculata Has been very rugged lately and lost an extreme amount of weight at an increasing rate since about a month ago.. perhaps less.I haven't witn4essed it feeding and its amount of webbing has descreased with its weight.. But its been in premolt for the last week or so. [racing atesnt the cloak in my opinion] but tonight I found it in its temp home [still battling mold in its enclosure so it was moved into a smaller keeper which it seemed to be doing good in until tonight] death curled.. Its now in an ICU hi humid high temp and dark.. but I fear the worse but it seemed so close to molt..
Hears to best hope and wishes for valanentine [the valantines spider that my wife bought me -which makes it suck more]

Mad Hatter

Arachnofriend
Old Timer
Well, everything dies and it's always for the best, though it might not always seem that way. All you can really do is try and let it die peacefully, without too much stress.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
tymeshadow said:
Well, everything dies and it's always for the best, though it might not always seem that way. All you can really do is try and let it die peacefully, without too much stress.
Agreed. Although I was more puzzled as to why it was death curled. Fortunetly it molted this eve and gained some of the lost weight with only a 'gimp' spinerette as in its missing a section of it [stuck in the molt perhaps reason it couldn't molt before??] I'm sure it will regnerate in the next m0olt which I hope wont be too stressfull as this but now with the molt past Can I be sure that any parasites/problems it had [it was most likely wc and thats its first molt in my possession] are taken care of?