A. metallic with deformed abdomen.

jusbaker

Arachnopeon
I have had this little guy for a couple months now and just recently have noticed that it's abdomen is deformed. I have four other of it's sack mates and none of them are showing anything similar. Has anyone ever seen this before?
Should I be concerned?
Thanks
J

Attachments

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have had this little guy for a couple months now and just recently have noticed that it's abdomen is deformed. I have four other of it's sack mates and none of them are showing anything similar. Has anyone ever seen this before?
Should I be concerned?
Thanks
J
Looks like might be a cyst. Feed it sparingly to minimize pressure in the abdomen. If you can get it through a couple molts, it may 'fix' itself.

jusbaker

Arachnopeon
Thanks Formerphobe I appreciate your advice.

138 views you would think someone else would have something to say.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Thanks Formerphobe I appreciate your advice.

138 views you would think someone else would have something to say.
Well, as cold blood said, that is not exactly a common occurrence. Probably everyone clicks on the thread, zooms in on the opisthosoma to 200% and pushes the back button because they have literally nothing to offer except well wishes (which is precisely what I did, three times). That said, when I zoomed, what it looked like to me was that the insides were on the side instead of, well, inside. Hopefully that's not the case and it's just a cyst. Following Formerphobe's advice is probably the best chance you can give the little one. She knows what she's talking about.

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
I just recieved an a. urticans slings today with this same issue. It doesn't appear to be presenting a problem for the spider as it is roaming all over its' new home. I will follow the advice given here and see what happens.