is it just me

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
is it just me or does any one else get a bit cautious or aggravated when they see folk in the tarantulas for sale adds anywhere on the net say 'I ship usps'.......:sarcasm:

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
No? A lot of people ship and receive via USPS without issue and see it as a non-risk. I myself have had consistently bad experiences with them, not just regarding tarantula shipments but really with anything I buy online that ships via USPS, and so, I'm guessing like yourself, I have learnt not to trust them and totally get your concern. But obviously enough people still have good enough experiences to continue to use them and I don't see the point in judging them for it since most people will allow you to pick your own courier at the end of the day-so long as you're footing the bill for it. Now, if they refuse to allow you to pick and pay for a pricier, more reliable option, that would make me raise an eyebrow and probably take my business elsewhere but I have yet to run into such a person.

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
I was gearing to the legalities of using usps [could be bad pr for us if it continues as some folk have already got stung] but your points are also very valid