Advice on a Scolopendra galapagoensis (Darwins giant)

lescovar

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, I bought a Scolopendra galapagoensis from The Spider Shop (dark body, blue rings on the legs)which is now living quite happily in a 24"x12" tank. I fed it on a cockle and then a locust which it ate completely, my other centipedes will leave wings, legs and maybe the head. any advice on keeping this beauty will be much appreciated.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Strange all the views but no comments! If you posted a pic you prob would have more replies. Anyway, they are the hardiest pede I've kept, they can handle a wide range of conditions and temps ime. Straight coco fiber is OK. I mix coarse granite sand in with the coco fiber, about half and half, deep sub is good, maybe 6+ inches and flat rocks are good. I think a single adult specimen does best in a 10 or more gallon container though I keep several in smaller containers to save space.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Cockle. I had to look that up. Cooked or raw? I live near saltwater so kinda intrigued by the idea of trying shellfish out as a dietary supplement. They do eat a considerable amount as juveniles, don't they? Mine have stayed on the surface when not preparing for a molt. I'm also kinda curious to see if there are any differences in what is available as galapagoensis over there...

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice setup, can you take a pic of that pede from above? I have a little water bowl for mine. It went under, prob for a molt. It's pretty big, I wonder if it will grow much, prob not.