Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens housing question

lacrosse5001

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
In about a week or so I will be getting a GBB sling (~1.5"). I was planning on housing him/her in the small size kritter keeper, given its size. However, I considered the webbing habits as well as the semi arboreal nature of this T. I'd hate for my GBB to feel the need to have webbing going up to the ceiling and have it ripped off anytime I need to feed or do maintenance. So, I was considering putting it into the next size up enclosure to allow plenty of room to climb and web everything should he/she choose to do so. I'm just concerned that all the extra space may be disorienting to the little fella. Thoughts on the matter? I know enclosure size can vary hugely, but I wanted to make sure I won't be causing my T unneeded stress simply for the sake of webbing aesthetics.

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
They don't need very much space, they will only web up a small portion of a larger enclosure. I have my 3" in a 1.25 quart deli cup. One thing you may need to compromise on is not completely opening the lid to avoid tearing too much webbing. I only crack mine to toss crickets and roaches in.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
As pointed out above, a deli cup will do fine. No matter what size container you use, there's a good chance some anchoring is going to be attached to the lid. Give it something lower down such as cork chunks or fake plants to anchor to instead and you shouldn't have an issue no matter the height of your container.

iemmaamme

Arachnopeon
I just want to mention that my 3/4" was in the smallest Kritter Keeper for a day before he squeezed through the small finger-hold handle for the plastic hatch - I don't know if the next size has a larger hatch, but if you do end up with a larger KK I'd take a look at that just to be safe.
As others mentioned though, even GBBs do fine in small enclosures. Mine only webs up a small portion of his deli-cup, & the anchoring on the lid is minimal, since he has other props to use instead. It'll be a few molts before I even consider rehousing him to something bigger.