Web trapped?

MissSary

Arachnopeon
My avic avic has recently built webbing over what used to be her only openings in her funnel. Does this mean she will molt soon? Just before she built it, she ate heartily. Now, she is completely recluse and fully enclosed in her funnel. Or does she simply not want to be disturbed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
Generally it means she doesn't want to be disturbed but the way I see it would be difficult for her to break the webbing open again if she wanted to get out. So give it a few weeks then try and make a small opening and offer her food. If she is upset by this she will close it back up. In this case give it a bit longer then try again. Just make sure she isn't molting.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
It could be either, so respect what she's telling you and leave her be. She can get out if she needs to; those fangs can rip right through even thick webbing.

MissSary

Arachnopeon
I'm curious as to how best to give her water, because she has it tightly around her and she hates it even when I spritz an end she isn't near.

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
I would just keep the humidity up and spray one side of the web a little bit every once and a while unless she is molting.

MissSary

Arachnopeon
It's hard to tell. I will leave her be and just visually check on her. She recently seems lethargic, even for a T that's known to save its energy. She lays about in her funnel on the webbing and it almost looks as if she is just trying to stay tucked away there. She has no interest in food unless it finds it way to disturb her directly.

---------- Post added 06-30-2014 at 11:27 PM ----------

If she's molting, it will be my first time experiencing it, aside from garden variety spiders.

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron
If she's being reclusive it's for a reason, whether it's for a molt or something else. The best thing you can do is keep water available and leave her to her own devices. Hiding away and refusing food is a behavior associated with premolt, but just give her time. If she's not getting ready to molt and needs food you'll see her out a bit more.

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
My P. Irminia did that a few weeks back and it had me worried…then about 2-3 weeks after she sealed herself in, she threw a few old food boluses out and molted without me ever knowing she left the tube web. She has since destroyed it and moved on to building bigger and better webs…and eating very well…I am inclined to say you should not worry!!!