Chilrean rose feeding

tyntas

Arachnopeon
Hello, i know this is just another topic about T feeding but im kinda worried and have a question.

I know it isnt to worry when T's dont eat for awhile, the past 2 months mine ate one cricket only but im starting to wonder is the cricket size matters.
When i bought them i chose the bigger ones, well i pay the same and get more, why not? But since my T isnt that big, shes 2.5 inches body size, does she avoid the crickets for being kinda big?

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If the crickets are too big for her, you can take the back legs off. She might find them less intimidating then. Keep in mind the general rule of feeding is to give no prey larger than the spider's body. If you can only get larger crickets, you can cut them in half for her.

On the other hand she just might not be hungry. Rosies are notorious for refusing food for long periods. As long as she has water available and isn't super skinny, she'll be fine.

cold blood

Staff member
Hello, i know this is just another topic about T feeding but im kinda worried and have a question.

I know it isnt to worry when T's dont eat for awhile, the past 2 months mine ate one cricket only but im starting to wonder is the cricket size matters.
When i bought them i chose the bigger ones, well i pay the same and get more, why not? But since my T isnt that big, shes 2.5 inches body size, does she avoid the crickets for being kinda big?
At 2.5" it should be able to handle any cricket you toss to it. The species can be picky and may prefer a certain size, however. My adult only likes lagers prey, yours may have a preferred size. They can be quite picky and offering different sizes may help you figure out what that t's preferred size prey is.

Also at that size its food requirements are dropping and its more likely to fast, especially if its either well fed or there's moisture in the substrate. 2 months with a single meal is absolutely nothing to be concerned about. If its plump, it may go 6 without anything for no apparent reason.