10 gal A. hentzi setup completed tonight :)

Mindibun

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I posted recently about the "perfect A hentzi cage" and got a few responses but not exactly the inspiration I was looking for. Good advice, but not much inspiration. So, I drew inspiration from outside and played around with some fake decor as well as some real branches, rocks, etc that I collected from pesticide-free areas and bleached, baked, soaked, and otherwise obliterated for about a week to sanitize them. I put the finishing touches on it tonight and moved Henny in (short for Hennessy, like the alcohol, because "hentzi" sounds like "Henny" and also because I love alcohol...). Hopefully she likes it. The substrate is a mix of 3:1 eco-earth and sanitary play sand. I know how everyone feels about sand, but I have used it before for SOME species and with the right species I feel it actually improves the substrate composition and their burrows hold up better.

First off, here's my beautiful girly:

And the enclosure:

Here's Henny exploring:

HungryGhost

Arachnoknight
Very nice! I'm sure she'll have a long happy life in that set up. My a. hentzi is only 1/4", I have a long way to go before an enclosure like that.

shamilt1

Arachnopeon
Wow, nice setup. I also have a ways to go with my a hentzi. Currently about .5 inch and a heck of a digger for a little bugger.

Akai

Arachnobaron
yeah i got two .5 inch slings myself. This is going to be a long while but worth the wait. Thanks for sharing. :biggrin: