Got my 1st GBB

iemmaamme

Arachnopeon
congrats! I just got my first T a couple weeks ago, a GBB sling around the same size as yours looks to be. I have mine in a deli cup with a few inches of coco husk substrate, and a couple twigs & things leaned up against the side so he can climb & web.
So your second pic looks like a decent enough setup from what I can tell.
GBBs like the substrate dry. They're a great, easy T to take care of but active enough that they're fun to watch.

TLover007

Arachnosquire
Very nice!! You are gona be so happy with that gbb!! Provided it doesnt tag you haha

PsyC

Arachnosquire
when i saw her i couldnt believe, she is so beautifull. It took 10min to put her in the new home. she was walking around the table.
i just put her in the 1st enclosure with the coco fibre and she is on the walls of the enclosure walking around

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Congrats on your first GBB

GBBs adapt well to any shape enclosure, so the one that appeals most to you, is best. They grow fast so you'll be choosing another enclosure very soon.

Both of the vials pictured have a small base, easy to accidentally topple over. For me this would be a problem because I'm a little clumsy. They need small air holes in the vial's top and in the sides above the substrate level too. Keep the sub dry, but don't forget to put a drop of water on the wall or webbing, for drinking a couple times a week. Best of luck with your lovely new friend.

Tivia

Arachnopeon
Your GBB is beautiful. Congrats! My GBB was my very first T and I just adore it. :love:

PsyC

Arachnosquire
thank you for your support :D she is still on the wall near the lid, i guess she doesnt like the substrate

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Within a week or two it will be webbed up and it will be snatching prey right from the tweezers before you can drop it

PsyC

Arachnosquire
nice, i bought micro crickets for my slings, is that okay? they have 1cm leg span

skippydude

Arachnobaron
GBBs will eat anything, dead or alive, even prey twice their size(not recommended). The only time they aren't total pigs is when in pre-molt

PsyC

Arachnosquire
micro crickets are very hard to catch because they are so small --'

awiec

Arachnoprince
Also you can put the crickets in the fridge/a cooler for a minute or two to slow them down so you can nab them with tweezers. As for the sling hanging out on the top, they can take a little while to get used to their new home. As long as it's webbing and eating it will be okay. My juvie GBB just molted and I think his (thinking boy anyway) baby colors are all gone at 3 inches. They are only matched by avics and pamphs in the dramatic color change department.

iemmaamme

Arachnopeon
thank you for your support :D she is still on the wall near the lid, i guess she doesnt like the substrate
Mine did the same for the first two days I had him. GBBs like their substrate really dry, but yours could also just be getting acquainted with his new home :)

Medusa

Arachnoknight
she is still on the wall near the lid, i guess she doesnt like the substrate
Mine has never been on the substrate. It has a trampoline web about 1" above the substrate that catches everything I toss in there, except lately. (Might be in pre-molt again.)

PsyC

Arachnosquire
hope so :) love her sling colors, cant wait for her to start web the enclosure

ParryOtter

Arachnopeon
Weirdly, mine didn't go for live prey until she was over 1". I tried various half-killed goodies and completely live, and if it was moving she would just withdraw and avoid it. She'd then be on pre-killed prey in minutes. (Now she's bigger and a pig that rolls when she tackles.) So much fun- enjoy yours!

PsyC

Arachnosquire
Thanks. im worried with my b. smithi sling, she has not eating for a month and when i try to feed her she literaly runs away from food

awiec

Arachnoprince
Thanks. im worried with my b. smithi sling, she has not eating for a month and when i try to feed her she literaly runs away from food
Brachys can sometimes be shy and they do grow slow, so their food requirements aren't as high as other species. As long as the abdomen is plump and it has water its not a big deal. A t not eating is nothing special, its not like a dog, they can fast for a very long time even as slings.