Help!! B Smithi Injury??!!

TLover007

Arachnosquire
Hi. This girl molted last week Tuesday so last night I gave her a roach. She took it and tonight when I went to check on everyone I saw this whilst she was sitting on the side... can it be from the roach last night?

---------- Post added 07-02-2014 at 09:56 PM ----------

There is nothing in the enclosure that could have scratched her... not that i can see

awiec

Arachnoprince
Looks like a tumor/ulcer of sorts. They can be caused by many things but I don't think a roach is one of them; they can arise spontaneously. I can suggest that you just feed her light until she molts to avoid as much stress as possible on it. She may fix herself with a molt but as it is a Brachy, you're going to be waiting a while.

TLover007

Arachnosquire
Looks like a tumor/ulcer of sorts. They can be caused by many things but I don't think a roach is one of them; they can arise spontaneously. I can suggest that you just feed her light until she molts to avoid as much stress as possible on it. She may fix herself with a molt but as it is a Brachy, you're going to be waiting a while.
Ok thank you very much... and yes she only molted a week ago so thumbs crossed

Keith B

Arachnobaron
You could add to the cyst reports as she progresses. I'm sure they're out there, but you are the only other person I've seen aside from myself that has had a T with a cyst on the sternum. Mine was a P. irminia, and I put him in the cyst reports. He behaved normally and molted out of it the next cycle. He went on to father a batch of slings as well. I'd imagine she'll be okay as long as she doesn't have a means to fall on that spot and rupture it by accident. The abdomen is a far more worrisome location for a cyst or damage. The sternum is a much tougher area of the body, and more difficult to rupture.

awiec

Arachnoprince
You could add to the cyst reports as she progresses. I'm sure they're out there, but you are the only other person I've seen aside from myself that has had a T with a cyst on the sternum. Mine was a P. irminia, and I put him in the cyst reports. He behaved normally and molted out of it the next cycle. He went on to father a batch of slings as well. I'd imagine she'll be okay as long as she doesn't have a means to fall on that spot and rupture it by accident. The abdomen is a far more worrisome location for a cyst or damage. The sternum is a much tougher area of the body, and more difficult to rupture.
Agreed, thats why I found it strange. I think she will make a full recovery but the OP can still play it safe and avoid as much stress as possible ie like no handling, extra sub to make sure she don't fall etc.

TLover007

Arachnosquire
Agreed, thats why I found it strange. I think she will make a full recovery but the OP can still play it safe and avoid as much stress as possible ie like no handling, extra sub to make sure she don't fall etc.
Thanks guys. First thing tonight I am putting her in an extra low enclose to make sure she cant fall and like yours behaved normally so does mine... after I took that pic of her last night I squished a roache's head and left it in there. Walked in to the T room this morning there she is sitting with a nice roach ball in her fangs... this is the first time in 4 years I have kept Ts that something like this happend to me!! Sucks balls!!!!