How to give water to micro crickets

PsyC

Arachnosquire
Hi. Can you tell me how i give water to micro crickets pls?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Water crystals, they'll do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PsyC

Arachnosquire
I have some water cristals from previous crickets i had, can i give the same to the micro crickets?

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
I use a water bottle cap filled with blue gel crystals. Then I cut the bottle cap down on 2 sides, so that they can get out of the cap easier. Reason for using blue coloured gel is that the stuff dries up quickly, and they turn into small hard pieces of gel. I take the hardened bits out, and believe it or not, wash and reuse them. They return to gel quite easily.

If your tiniest of crickets are really thirsty, they'll cover the gel for the first few hours. I find without cutting the cap down, they get stuck. :)

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
Water crystals are the way to go for keeping water in feeder insects enclosures. I use it for crickets and roaches.

PsyC

Arachnosquire
i know people that put the water cristals over the floor of the enclosure, are they doing it wrong?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
i know people that put the water cristals over the floor of the enclosure, are they doing it wrong?
It's better to have them in one place so they're easier to remove if needed to. I've never heard of someone putting them all over an enclosure, but I guess there isn't much of a harm if it's cleaned regularly.

Anansis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just use raw potato or carrots. That gives them hydration and food.

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When they are starting out I use paper towel folded up soak it good and they will drink from it when it gets dirty, toss it in the trash and fold another I do this with tens of thousands with no problems cheap and effective

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
You don't need water crystals for crickets and roaches. Why complicate it with unnatural things? Give them pieces of romaine lettuce, potatoes, or carrots. That's got nutrition and makes them a better feeder animal.