Do you buy crickets in bulk? If so, where from?

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I have enough critters here that I need to buy crickets in bulk. I can burn through 500 in a week. I've had really bad luck so far ordering from companies that show up in Google searches. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm seriously at the point where my animals are becoming undernourished because I cannot feed them, and certainly not for lack of trying. Our pet stores don't stock enough for me and ordering online so far I've had orders show up with half or more dead, and twice I've had the wrong size shipped.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I have enough critters here that I need to buy crickets in bulk. I can burn through 500 in a week. I've had really bad luck so far ordering from companies that show up in Google searches. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm seriously at the point where my animals are becoming undernourished because I cannot feed them, and certainly not for lack of trying. Our pet stores don't stock enough for me and ordering online so far I've had orders show up with half or more dead, and twice I've had the wrong size shipped.
flukers.com
Craigslist

JZC

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Breed your own, or better yet, breed roaches. I've read good things about lllreptiles crickets, and can personally recommend JoshsFrogs.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Breed your own, or better yet, breed roaches. I've read good things about lllreptiles crickets, and can personally recommend JoshsFrogs.
I don't have time to breed my own in that I need it NOW. On top of tarantulas to feed, I have 23 bearded dragon babies. They eat a ton of crickets. I've even tried canned juvie food for them but they won't eat it.

I'll check out flukers and josh's frogs. No one uses Craigslist here. I live in the middle of nowhere.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Start a Red Racer Roach colony and soon enough your feeder issues will disappear.

I was spending $5 on crickets a couple times a week until I started breeding roaches, now my feeder bill is 0 dollars and 0 cents. I've actually traded Dubia over stock for tarantulas ;)

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I've bred dubia and lobster roaches. It's sloooow going, and the dubia colony quit producing so now I have none.

But again, this is seriously a "I need to put in an order tonight" thing.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
I've bred dubia and lobster roaches. It's sloooow going, and the dubia colony quit producing so now I have none.

But again, this is seriously a "I need to put in an order tonight" thing.
I'd order a couple thousand Red Racers if I were you. Trust me they breed 10x faster than Dubia
I bought 1,000 and a month later I had 1,000,000

Worse case you feed all of them off and have to order more, which is what your doing with crickets anyway

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I'd order a couple thousand Red Racers if I were you. Trust me they breed 10x faster than Dubia
I bought 1,000 and a month later I had 1,000,000

Worse case you feed all of them off and have to order more, which is what your doing with crickets anyway
are Red racers the B lats?

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
I don't have time to breed my own in that I need it NOW. On top of tarantulas to feed, I have 23 bearded dragon babies. They eat a ton of crickets. I've even tried canned juvie food for them but they won't eat it.

I'll check out flukers and josh's frogs. No one uses Craigslist here. I live in the middle of nowhere.
500 is under feeding 23 beardie babies. My baby (just over 2 months) can eat 30-50 a day. They need their protein. Just order a bunch of feeders from mulberryfarms.com asap. I'm not from the US but have always heard good things about them. The Baby beardies can eat small horn worms, pheonix worms, dubia roaches, butterworms along with the cricks. Stay away from things with heavy chitin like mealworms. GL on your babies. They're far too inquisitive and cute and for their own good.

tweakz

Arachnosquire
I know its not recommended, but if it is this severe ATM then catch some bugs. Of course if you can get enough feeders in time than obviously don't, but its better than having things start to drop dead.