mo bebes, Hadogenes troglodytes

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is a big one, so was the male. I hesitated to post because it's not something that hasn't been posted, but people like seeing pics so I did it anyway. I counted 20. That baby that looks like it's on a dangerous area, that thing fell off into a crack and looked like it was dying. She reached down there a grabbed it, then gave it a loooong time to climb up, I was impressed with that.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Omg I was just lamenting that I never see these. Congrats on the babies. :D

Last edited:

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
awesome!

those babies are so elongated!! like little termite queens hehe

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sweet! Didnt think anyone else in the states were breeding these! Ive got a gravid paucidens whose going on 6 months gravid, and a bunch of 4-5i troglodytes doing well. And excellent brood size, most people who get broods report around 10-13, but I knew They could do more.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

I have a booty of trogs and paucidens, along with emps and a few other things I'm concerned about them being harder to get if regulations tighten and I don't see things letting up there. I hate the thought of stuff like this not being so available anymore, looking back and saying, "Hey remember when we could get this and that?" "Oh yeah that was cool.." I think the first brood was in the 20s too, like 27, something like that.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
I have a booty of trogs and paucidens, along with emps and a few other things I'm concerned about them being harder to get if regulations tighten and I don't see things letting up there. I hate the thought of stuff like this not being so available anymore, looking back and saying, "Hey remember when we could get this and that?" "Oh yeah that was cool.." I think the first brood was in the 20s too, like 27, something like that.

And thank goodness you and others are doing so. Very glad to hear that.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
woohooo!, YEAH! Anywhoooo, here's most of the first brood, going to move them to their own individual mansions tomorrow. I like the look Hadogenes has, interesting shape and design to me.

succinct

Arachnopeon
I did a quick search and could not find anything. If you would give a breeding report on this species? I think everyone would thank you for it.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't keep good enough records for a good report. However I remember now that I traded this one for another one some months ago, I don't know when it mated. Concerning the first brood, the female molted, mated, and remember that the gestation period wasn't as long as I had read for most other people, I 'think' it was around 9-10 months. I have a heat mat on the side of terrs esp for gravid females of large species like many in the genus Pandinus, Heterometrus, Hadogenes, etc. It's not to keep the cage at a specific but only so that they can go to a place where they can regulate their body temp. They use it, esp. in winter when it's a little cooler in that room, going back and forth. I often tilt a large rock next to the heat mat, or kind of make a tunnel much of length of one side with a few large flat rocks and they usually make that their place to stay. You can watch them that way if they end up hanging out there, works for many large species people complain about "not seeing", .."pet holes". I also cut a piece of glass to fit a stick on heat mat so I can move it around instead of permanently sticking it to a terr. Sometimes I tape it to a cage, sometimes I only lean it on a cage, or I put two terrs right next to each other and stick slide the heater between the two terrs at their base.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Didn't see anything unusual during mating, goes as Pandinus sps and Heterometrus.