Help! Off topic!

kellixo

Arachnopeon

Guys, I know this doesn't belong in this forum but for some reason i can't sign in to any reptile forums at the minute. id really appreciate if anyone could help because i have no clue and anytime i find something online someone's disagreeing.

Does anyone have any knowledge on crested geckos?
I know how they should be housed and fed but I have no idea how old it is.
My brother gave it to my partner and wasnt sure of the age himself.
If anyone could give me any indication as to how old they think it is I'd be really grateful.

Again, I apologise for posting this on this forum but I'd really like to know because we've had it (zilla) a few months now and I'd like to maybe acquire a few more in the future.

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
No idea how old it is but it looks fully grown.

There isn't any easy way to tell a cresties age through a visual examination. Unless you know the actual hatch date from the breeder you will never know.

kellixo

Arachnopeon
No idea how old it is but it looks fully grown.

There isn't any easy way to tell a cresties age through a visual examination. Unless you know the actual hatch date from the breeder you will never know.
Thank you :) my best guess was that she (unsexed but that's what I'm going with lol) was maybe a year and 4 months but a second opinion is always welcome :)

Micrathena

Arachnoknight
Try the "not so spineless wonders" forum. As the name suggests, it's for vertebrates.

kellixo

Arachnopeon
Try the "not so spineless wonders" forum. As the name suggests, it's for vertebrates.
Yea I realised that after and did post there, got answered here first though so.

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
Thank you :) my best guess was that she (unsexed but that's what I'm going with lol) was maybe a year and 4 months but a second opinion is always welcome :)

No prob :) This video will help you determine sex. Sometimes a female will lay infertile eggs so it can be useful to figure out what the sex is and add a lay box just in case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvpob3M0l0Y (not mine, but great video)

xirxes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
At least a year old, female to be sure. Males have rather large testes and hemipenes bulge.

Housing: 20 gal stacked tall for full range of activity lots of upright wood and large leaf fake plants in wood, suctioned to high side and on ground, gecko magnet ledges good for food containers

65% humidity, use Eco earth or water bowls/misting to accomplish this

Temperature: 68-80 seasonally, they start laying in warmer months

Diet: repashy crested gecko diet with reptile d3 calcium mixed in
Exchanged every 3 days

Non-tap Water bowl for drinking

Supplement with calcium coated crickets every 1-2 weeks if possible. Looks a little thin

Communal with 1 male and other females, test for individual compatibility. Will require larger setup, 60 gallon cube or so.

kellixo

Arachnopeon
At least a year old, female to be sure. Males have rather large testes and hemipenes bulge.

Housing: 20 gal stacked tall for full range of activity lots of upright wood and large leaf fake plants in wood, suctioned to high side and on ground, gecko magnet ledges good for food containers

65% humidity, use Eco earth or water bowls/misting to accomplish this

Temperature: 68-80 seasonally, they start laying in warmer months

Diet: repashy crested gecko diet with reptile d3 calcium mixed in
Exchanged every 3 days

Non-tap Water bowl for drinking

Supplement with calcium coated crickets every 1-2 weeks if possible. Looks a little thin

Communal with 1 male and other females, test for individual compatibility. Will require larger setup, 60 gallon cube or so.
Thank you

Last edited: