P. Irminia acting weird

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
Ok I'm on my phone so forgive any mistakes

My P. irminia has been in this pose most of the morning. I poked her a little and she moved and acted fine but the. Returned to this position.
Is she getting ready to molt? She hasn't eaten for about 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
Don't poke her.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah that's great advice. I poked her because I needed to make sure she was still alive. And it was with a paint brush, which I barely touched her back leg with.

Anyone else want to give me some actual advice?
Usually she's in her web tube if she's molting, but this is just odd behavior for her.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
My P irminia stays in her web in a similar body position 99% of the time. The positioning is normal IMO

The fact that it won't eat indicates that it could be in pre-molt

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
Premolt can last a while, I've had some T's stay in premolt for well over a month. I wouldn't sweat it, just make sure you have a shallow water dish in there that always has water in it.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Wouldn't worry. My girls assume odd positions every now and then and stay in those for hours on end. It's just a T-thing. And if yours isn't hungry, could be premolt, but it's kinda hard to see with these. Just leave her be, make sure she has access to water and try feed her next feeding time. If she still refuses accept it and take care of the rest of your collection.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Bob's advice not to poke IS great advice, the best advice really. A tarantula that is fine will be stressed by the unnecessary prodding; a tarantula that is sick will be further stressed by such, possibly worsening it's condition-it's a lose lose situation. All tarantulas hold still for long periods of time (except maybe Euathlus sp.red). Like Skippydude's irminia, I often find mine in that position; I also find my Poecs like that frequently. If she had died, you would know.