Caught my first tarantula!

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
During my stay here in Missouri (beautiful state by the way), I heard a rumor there was a tarantula burrow at a local glade. So I went there and found the burrow. After a good half hour teasing it out with a reed shaft and swearing constantly when it ran to the back of the burrow, I managed to pull out a beautiful A. Hentzi. I'm not sure if its a male or female, but my suspicions are that it would be a male. Ill try to get pictures soon!

Zigana

Arachnosquire
Congrats on your find! I have a mature male I found on the road injured. It came home with me to be cared for and so it wouldn't get ran over like so many others last month. If not injured then I try to find them a safer area to continue their search. I haven't looked for any burrows yet. Glad you located one and found a tarantula inside. :)

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Got a young A hentzi female 5 years ago from her burrow here in arkansas , I have paired her last couple years to try and get a sac to repopulate the area from me taking her out of maybe oneday I get to turn a bunch loose lol

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Got a young A hentzi female 5 years ago from her burrow here in arkansas , I have paired her last couple years to try and get a sac to repopulate the area from me taking her out of maybe oneday I get to turn a bunch loose lol
I would recommend you try finding a MM and take him around to all the burrows of adult females you can find. I managed to pair a wild female with my MM here in AZ. Not that the population isn't doing well here. The tarantulas in my neck of the woods are quite plentiful.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
iv tickled many a hentzis out in the lakes area [ozarks] love those guys. if they wasnt so abdundant anyways id get myself one XD tho i do know a few ppl who breed there and instead of releasing babies they would pair them up and release females after 2 or 3 lockups to their former den and give them a cricket as a treat lmao

btw want to take a little less time might not want a reed a normal weed/ grain will work those with the bushy ends [not the giant brown cigar things tho] lol when i was herping down there for glas lizards, snakes and skinks id tickle a hole and have her out in a few moments.

Last edited:

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
That is so cool, being able to go out and catch your own. Too cold/too damn much snow up here! :)